Anybody using Repairshopr?

Dirky

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering if anybody has been using Repairshopr for a period?
How have you found it?
Reliable, any downtime?
Response time or speed of server/access?
Any other comments?

Thanks
D

You might want to familiarize yourself with the forum's Search feature. It lists 35 threads where RepairShopr has been discussed or mentioned.

Thanks, I've had a look, no real comments as to how people who use it day to day have been finding it.

We've tried a bunch of software. We are trying out mHelpdesk at the moment and it seems to fit the bill. We looked at Repairshopr and it looked pretty good also. But the thing that turned us off is that the core of it seemed to be based around emailing clients with instant updates etc. Sounds like a nice feature but to be honest very few of our clients would want to be bothered that many times about their repair. They just want to know when they can pick it up etc. So I just assume its for some different business model. We have a very busy retail location and do 50/50 residential / business clients.

Thanks for your comments. Well we do everything in Zendesk currently and 80% of our work either comes in via email or we update our customer via email, they tell us they like timely updates via email.
However as we move more in to the retail and walk in side of things we are finding that we need other products for sales, inventory etc.
As far as I recall when I looked at mhelpdesk it seemed that the email side of things for updates etc was something you had to run onsite yourselves, almost like it was an after thought, I may be wrong but that kind of put me off.

Anybody else been using it for a while care to chip in?

Thanks
Mike

If you like email updates you will love repairshopr, it updates your client with emails left and right, you can always have the client opt out of email alerts if they don't like them.

With the Leads feature you can create tickets from incoming emails.

RepairShopr also just added asset tracking and a block of hours you can add to a client and they are working on new features non-stop.

Last edited:
Can you opt for sms updates only for clients? And exclude (turn off) email updates?

Last edited:
RepairShopr

I have been using it for about 6 months and I am impressed. I keep finding new things/info I can add to RS.

Also the amount of updates they have done, mostly suggested by end users is crazy awesome! One of the latest allows you to turn on/off emails per ticket, not just per client. Very helpful for a small shop when ticket is updated late.

We have been using Mhelpdesk for the last 2+ years and we started using RepairShopr at our second store a few months ago. I think that RepairShopr in many ways is superior, especially when it comes to reliability. For me, the biggest downfall of RepairShopr is their reports. The biggest downfall for Mhelpdesk is reliability (constant crashing, hanging, duplicate info, deleted info, etc).

WOW i could deal with a lack of reports, downtime is something I don't like.

I recently sold repairshopr to a repair shop and they look it.

Does repairshopr have the ability to do monthly recurring invoicing? Could the product be used in a managed service business?

Also, what if you are a value added reseller selling say Dell Servers etc.. could it be used for that?

It's been said that Repairshopr is probably a better solution if you have an actual retail shop and mHelpdesk tends to be a little better if you're more mobile. I think that's about right. I love mHelpdesk myself and haven't really experienced any huge problems.

tom11011, repairshopr can do recurring billing and be used for a managed service business it has a new feature for multiple contacts under a customer and pre-paid block hours.

Last edited:
We have been using Mhelpdesk for the last 2+ years and we started using RepairShopr at our second store a few months ago. I think that RepairShopr in many ways is superior, especially when it comes to reliability. For me, the biggest downfall of RepairShopr is their reports. The biggest downfall for Mhelpdesk is reliability (constant crashing, hanging, duplicate info, deleted info, etc).

Any updates? I've been using mhelpdesk but they really seem to be lagging on things that I need. Repairshopr tracks pre-paid blocks and has nice integrations with GFI, D7 etc.

How are you finding they compare now?

Last edited:
Any updates? I've been using mhelpdesk but they really seem to be lagging on things that I need. Repairshopr tracks pre-paid blocks and has nice integrations with GFI, D7 etc.

How are you finding they compare now?

Honestly, I haven't been using mhelpdesk since I switched our main store to repairshopr about 6 months ago, so I really can't comment on any recent developments or on how they compare now. All I can tell you is that my past experiences were not good.

repairshopr is premium in my opinon. they put new features in all the time, newest one, autocomplete addresses in customer creation, love it! sms to customers for updates no extra charge, love it, sign in sheet with integration for digital signatures for via signature pad, paperless office storing a digital copy of the terms with customers signature, love it! theyre higher on the cost but its worth it Imo! tickets and work is greatly organized!

Hmmm...think I need to take a look at the current offerings...I didn't know RS started to include SMS and functionality for digital terms...been too busy doing work to keep up with their developments. IMHO, the D7 integration wasn't worth using...it would create duplicates so I never even tried to implement it. GFI has me curious...but I need to research more on them as I hear of lots of issues...and frankly I had my heart set on Nable as I'm familiar with their RMM solution...plus the marketing help is nice.

I have been using Repairshopr now for about 6 months and really like it. I have found a few minor issues with it but otherwise its a great platform. Haven't seen any downtime yet and customers really seem to like it.

I'm currently in the process of migrating to Repair Shopr.

While it does seem significantly better than our previous solution, I'm finding a few things I need to work around. I don't see any way to create a group to assign tickets to. (i.e., anything brought in would be assigned to a "bench" group with multiple techs under it, but I don't see any way to do this).

Our current system has queues where bench work falls into (we have one for diagnostic, and one for approved work to be done). So I'm trying to figure out a way to mimic this in the new system, but not having any luck. How do you guys handle this in repair shopr?

I'm currently in the process of migrating to Repair Shopr.

While it does seem significantly better than our previous solution, I'm finding a few things I need to work around. I don't see any way to create a group to assign tickets to. (i.e., anything brought in would be assigned to a "bench" group with multiple techs under it, but I don't see any way to do this).

Our current system has queues where bench work falls into (we have one for diagnostic, and one for approved work to be done). So I'm trying to figure out a way to mimic this in the new system, but not having any luck. How do you guys handle this in repair shopr?

Not sure if it applies to what you want... but when on the tickets page, you can group them by tech, status or problem. You could create a tech "bench" and assign those to that tech when creating a ticket, then group by that tech.

Thanks for the reply,

This was a workaround I thought of and may use but it seems like there should be a better solution. If I had a blank user called "bench" no one would get an email when a ticket is assigned there. Even with that shortcoming, it may work.

Back