And they just keep rollng in......

Comcast's "solution" so far is to refuse people access to their Comcast account until they reset their password. This only happens if they go directly to Xfinity.com to retrieve their email (or for some other purpose) so it's not going to help the majority of my clients, who pick up their email in Outlook or Mac Mail., or on their phone's native mail app. However, I've had at least 5 appointments this week from clients who cannot figure out how to reset their Comcast password and update it on their devices. I should send Comcast a thank you note.

I haven't heard from any of our Comcast/Xfinity customers about resets. But I'll check with the guy I partner with.

Edit: Just spoke to Jim, the guy I partner with. While the link I posted is dated it doesn't specifically mention the announcement date. He said he was forced to do a password change last week.

Last edited:
I haven't heard from any of our Comcast/Xfinity customers about resets. But I'll check with the guy I partner with.

Edit: Just spoke to Jim, the guy I partner with. While the link I posted is dated it doesn't specifically mention the announcement date. He said he was forced to do a password change last week.
I was too, when I logged into my Xfinity account to clear old voicemails. At the time, there was no indication of anything special going on, and it just seemed like an annoyance. A few days, and a few client calls later, the news of the breach started to leak out - now it's on their website and part of their calls on hold message. If it weren't the crazy holiday season, I'd be reaching out to everybody with a Comcast email address, letting them know they'd best log in and change their passwords. However, I don't have time to handle the volume, so I'll put it into my January 1st newsletter.

Back