Windows 11 Leaked - What we know so far about Microsoft's new OS

I think two is most likely

And were that to be the ultimate outcome, there is a significant contingent that would seek to remain on Windows 10 for precisely this reason.

There is a contingent that remains a nervous wreck about virtually any update of any kind and would be thrilled to minimize updates except absolutely essential ones. I'm not in that contingent.

I for one am glad for the change to one update per year and 2 years support per build that 11 is going to. 6 months was too damn fast and really made life difficult for any business too small for volume licensing.

I for one am glad for the change to one update per year and 2 years support per build that 11 is going to. 6 months was too damn fast and really made life difficult for any business too small for volume licensing.

I missed this... and this change alone would make replacing the entire fleet worth it... let's go!

I missed this... and this change alone would make replacing the entire fleet worth it... let's go!

Unless something has changed from what I last read, this change was intended to come to Windows 10 prior to the announcement of Windows 11. Let's face it, the last four feature updates have been "two real" and "two trivial," essentially meaning two feature updates and two not.

If Windows 10 survives, the last thing I read stated that feature updates would occur once per year. I did not recall the change to 2 years of support, but it make perfect sense based on the current scheme with 6 month intervals having 18 months of support.

Back