[SOLVED] Windows 10 Not Activating

They still had to actually be Windows 8 boxes, with early EFIs in there. Because otherwise you'd have had to stuffed in the key manually to get them to 10. Even if they had a 10 upgrade, they won't just magically jump without that key.

They still had to actually be Windows 8 boxes, with early EFIs in there. Because otherwise you'd have had to stuffed in the key manually to get them to 10. Even if they had a 10 upgrade, they won't just magically jump without that key.
That's not correct. If you ever installed Win 10 on the system you NEVER have to input the key EVER again. Even if you roll back the hardware hash is stored and will be used again.

I use a utility called gatherosstate in activated win7 it generates a key that I insert into new install of Win10 it always works

I use a utility called gatherosstate
That was only required for the initial release of Windows 10. Since the first updated ISO was available you only need to enter the Win7/8 key (or embedded key is automatically used in branded Win8 systems, or key not needed if Win10 previously activated on that motherboard).

That was only required for the initial release of Windows 10. Since the first updated ISO was available you only need to enter the Win7/8 key (or embedded key is automatically used in branded Win8 systems, or key not needed if Win10 previously activated on that motherboard).
True but I like not having to key in the key and sometimes the COA is not readable.

Back