Will this work properly as a forwarding rule in O365?

thecomputerguy

Reaction score
Client wants to receive a copy of every single email sent to one of her employees in her own. I advised that making her a delegate of her mailbox is a better way of handling this, otherwise you are going to get two peoples worth of mail when you are already complaining about getting one peoples worth of mail.

Anyways, normally I just setup forwarding for the account but she wants to know when the email was intended for her employee and she is looking at a copy of it.

So should this rule work?

1707328188693.png

Why not just forward everything from the source, then at the destination add a rule to shuttle it to a folder of its own for her review? That rule could also potentially do other things like deleting the message if it so happens that Bob and the other person were both either in the To and/or CC fields, so that all she needs to review is stuff that was coming strictly to Bob but not also to her.

I certainly would prefer to have this separated out from my own inbox, in its own mailbox on my end, when it comes to reviewing it.

Why not just forward everything from the source, then at the destination add a rule to shuttle it to a folder of its own for her review? That rule could also potentially do other things like deleting the message if it so happens that Bob and the other person were both either in the To and/or CC fields, so that all she needs to review is stuff that was coming strictly to Bob but not also to her.

I certainly would prefer to have this separated out from my own inbox, in its own mailbox on my end, when it comes to reviewing it.

Because she wouldn't be unable to handle that and I don't feel like going back and forth with her.

Because she wouldn't be unable to handle that

What that? You yourself said, "otherwise you are going to get two peoples worth of mail when you are already complaining about getting one peoples worth of mail."

If that's going to happen (and it is), doesn't it make sense to use a folder in Outlook to keep "the monitoring business" separate and easy to identify rather than mixing it in with day to day email she needs to deal with?

I'm really confused here, as the end goal is now entirely unclear.

What that? You yourself said, "otherwise you are going to get two peoples worth of mail when you are already complaining about getting one peoples worth of mail."

If that's going to happen (and it is), doesn't it make sense to use a folder in Outlook to keep "the monitoring business" separate and easy to identify rather than mixing it in with day to day email she needs to deal with?

I'm really confused here, as the end goal is now entirely unclear.

Yep I totally agree that keeping it separate and simply giving her access the users mailbox is the correct way to handle this so she can view that users mail. But alas, people are not smart.

Yep I totally agree that keeping it separate and simply giving her access the users mailbox is the correct way to handle this so she can view that users mail. But alas, people are not smart.
But that's not what I suggested. It allows what the user wants along with most of what you wanted in terms of maintaining lanes.

You can do this with a simple rule that moves those forwards to a custom folder upon arrival.

I presume this is a situation where data gathering to support dismissal is at play. If so, it's better that the supervisor have copies.

Back