Weird Power Issue

alexsmith2709

Reaction score
Got another weird one if anyone can help.
Its an Asus X120B netbook running windows 10. The battery wasnt charging (not even the normal plugged in, not charging, it was showing no power cable connected) and it kept flicking between charging and not charging. It has a built in battery so i took it out for a few mins before putting it back in and trying again. It was still the same. I took the battery out and tried turning on without it. It worked perfectly so to me that ruled out the power adapter and dc jack. I ordered a new battery which i've just fitted and it does the same thing, however it charges fine when i boot to bob Omb's Win PE. I havent tried any other iso's. As all the hardware is working, could this be a windows issue? If so, any ideas where to start? I've tried removing the ACPI battery driver and letting it reinstall both with the old and new battery with no luck.

Of course this customer wants this back ASAP and is hoping to have it back today (which gives me less than 2 hours til closing time!)

Sounds like a driver issue. You could try Snappy Driver Installer Origin to look for both newer and/or better drivers. That would be quick.
Thanks. I'll give that a go. Im just running an SFC scan from WinPE to check for any issues there. I'll try the drivers after booting back to normal mode.

Back