UVK and Tech Tool Store: Product updates

Thank you for pointing me to uBlock Origin.

I've used AdBlock Plus for years and could not find a better one so far. That's obviously debatable but I don't find it intrusive at all and most websites work well when it's on. I'm going to give uBlock some testing and probably add it to the list.

Thank you for pointing me to uBlock Origin.

I've used AdBlock Plus for years and could not find a better one so far. That's obviously debatable but I don't find it intrusive at all and most websites work well when it's on. I'm going to give uBlock some testing and probably add it to the list.
Another vote for uBlock - it's been great.

I've been using uBlock for the past few days and honestly I'm impressed. It works so smothly we don't even notice it's there. Does not seem to slow down page loading, at least not noticeably. Definitelly a new addition to UVK.
Welcome to the dark side…

OK, so i added uBlock Origin to the latest update but I forgot to update the icons. Sorry about that, will be fixed soon. Also added uBlock to TTS;

UVK:
v11.9.7 Release date: March 21 2023

• Added a new System Repair item to the Essential installs/Updates group: Install uBlock Origin for Chrome. This fix opens Chrome on the web page that installs uBlock Origin. You still need to click 'Add to Chrome' to install the extension. Also added a new scripting command that lets you run this fix from a UVK script: ipt: <InstalluBlockOriginChrome>.
  • Added a new System Repair item to the Essential installs/Updates group: Install uBlock Origin for Firefox. This fix opens Chrome on the web page that installs uBlock Origin. You still need to click 'Add to Firefox ' to install the extension. Also added a new scripting command that lets you run this fix from a UVK script: <InstalluBlockOriginFirefox>.
  • Added a new System Repair item to the Essential installs/Updates group: Install uBlock Origin for Edge. This fix opens Chrome on the web page that installs uBlock Origin. You still need to click 'Add to Edge' to install the extension. Also added a new scripting command that lets you run this fix from a UVK script: <InstalluBlockOriginEdge>.
  • Definition updates, bug fixes and code improvements.

Tech Tool Store
v8.3.10 Release date: March 21 2023

1. Changed the name of some of the tools so that their default positions are after the tools they are dependent on: AdBlock Plus for Chrome to Chrome|add Adblock Plus; AdBlock Plus for Firefox to Mozilla Firefox|add Adblock Plus; AdBlock Plus for Edge to Microsoft Edge|add Adblock Plus;

2. The following tools were added to the latest builds:
  • Chrome|add uBlock Origin, to Important updates
  • Mozilla Firefox|add uBlock Origin, to Important updates
  • Microsoft Edge|add uBlock Origin, to Important updates

Hello tech people. I've got some updates for you.

UVK v11.10.0.0 Release date: April 20 2023
  • This build no longer runs on Windows XP. Users can still download the latest build to support XP from our Downloads page
  • Added a new application as part of UVK's code: DeviceRescue, which is a highly featured replacement for the Windows Device Manager.
  • Because DeviceRescue was added to the Home screen, the first custom app was moved to the Custom apps dialog box, which now contains 21 buttons (2 more than previous versions). Thus, users can now have up to 21 custom apps.
  • Fxed: The Windows Store Apps uninstaller was not showing app names correctly.
  • Added a new System Repair item to the Maintenance actions group: Uninstall all devices not present. This fix uninstalls all devices which are installed but are no longer connected, to the computer.Also added a new scripting command that lets you run this fix from a UVK script: <UninstallDevicesNotPresent>.

Also added DeviceRescue to Tech Tool Store.

Thank you for reading.

I assume Tech Tool Store is based around free tools. Is it possible to distinguish between those that are only meant to be free for home use, or those that are genuinely open source / free for commercial use?

Wow... That was a fast response. Thanks.

It's always annoying to discover a cool new bit of software, only to discover that is not free for commercial use anyway, so i really appreciate it.

Wow... That was a fast response. Thanks.

It's always annoying to discover a cool new bit of software, only to discover that is not free for commercial use anyway, so i really appreciate it.
Yesterday I released a definitions update that mentions the tools that are not for commercial use, but only down to the Backup and recovery group. I'm going to keep updating this but it is a time consuming job. I have to look up every tool to try and find their EULA or some document that tells whether they are authorised for commercial use or not. And there are 700 tools there!

So if any of you guys know of some tools that are for personal use only, please be so kind to let me know. Thanks.

P.S. The tooltip only mentions tools that are for personal use only, and tels whether a PRO license is available. Tools that allow commercial use do not say anything about it.

Hi everyone. I've got some cool updates for you.

UVK v11.10.2.0 Release date: May 13 2023

Check
The Backup and recovery module now uses the DiskCopy file copying tech for application data, fully restoring:

• Internet browser data (login info, passwords, bookmarks, history).
  • Office files (outlook pst files, and all office programs settings).
  • User settings for most other applications (thunderbird, Skype, OpenOffice, TeamViwer, ...).
Note: To ensure a successfl data backup and restore, close all running programs and sign out of all other user accounts..

Check
The Backup and recovery module now also lets you move files instead of copying them, when the source and destination are in the same drive letter (i.e. when restoring from Windows.old). Besides making the restore operation much faster, this is also useful when there is not enough free space for a data copy in the drive.

Check
Updated WAU manager and the Threat scanner to their latest versions..

Check
Added a new System Repair item to the System repair group: Disk speed test. This fix downloads and runs CrystalDiskMark, which lets you easily benchmark the speed of your storage devices.Also added a new scripting command that lets you run this fix from a UVK script: <DiskSpeedTest>, and updated the log analyzer with support for this new command.

Check
Bug fixes and definition updates.

UVK v11.10.1.0 Release date: April 28 2023 (sorry I didn't post this one)

Check
The Set technician power settings and Reset power settings fixes now also change power settings for battery mode. In previous builds, these fixes only changed power settings for A/C mode.

Check
Googling items directly from the lists and from the Log Analyzer is now more effective.

Check
Updated DeviceRescue to the latest version.

Check
Bug fixes and definition updates.

As for Tech Tool Store, we recently added DeviceRescue to the System repair tools group, and I'm updating the tooltips for the tools that are meant for personal use only with a mention to that and whether they offer a license for commercial use.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Hi I've got some small updates for you guys.

UVK v11.10.4.0 Release date: May 30 2023 and 11.10.3.0

• Added a new tweak to Tools and tweaks -> Registry tweaks tab: Disable auto-upgrading to Windows 11. This new tweak, only valid on Windows 10, lets you enable or disable auto upgrading from Windows 10 to Widows 11.
  • Added support for applying the Disable auto-upgrading to Windows 11 tweak from a UVK script with the <EnableAutoUpgradeToWindows11> and <DisableAutoUpgradeToWindows11> commands. Also updated the Log analyzer with support for inserting those commands.
  • Removed the Avast aswMBR scan from the default system repair third party apps due to it causing many computers to bluescreen. The AswMBR scan can still be automated with the <AswMBRScan> UVK scripting command.
  • Code improvements, bug fixes and definition updates.

Thech Tool Store version 8.3.11, definitions number 451

• Removed Avast AswMBR because it was causing BSOD in many machines.
  • Improved stability (the database now fails to load less often).
You all have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi! I've got some updates for you, UVK and TTS users.

UVK v11.10.5.0 Release date: June 10 2023

• Added a new dialog box that lets you easily create a new note and manage the existing ones (edit, delete, ...); This dialog box can be executed from the Reporting and System repair modules, and also from a UVK script with the <AddEditNote> command. When this feature is executed from the Reporting module, it has a button that lets you add the selected note to the zip archive.
  • Notes now always have a .rtf file extension.
  • Updated the log analyzer with support for inserting the new <AddEditNote> command.

Tech Tool Store Version: 8.4.0.0, released Jun 8 03:24:30 2023. Version: 8.4.0.0

• Fixed some tools that were downloading regardless being already updated.
  • Fixed some tools that were installing regardless being already installed with the latest version.

Thank you for reading

Hi everyone. This time I've got a great Tech Tool Store update for you, released yesterday.

Tech Tool Store version 8.5, released in Wed Jul 5 09:41:38 2023

• Added a new group to the list of tools: Built in system repair tools. This new group is displayed at the bottom of the list, and contains all the fixes that can be found in UVK's System repair list, except for those that already exist in the other Tech Tool Store groups.
  • Removed BitDefender Uninstall Tool 2013- and BitDefender Uninstall Tool 2014+ because these applications are no longer available. Because BitDefender now has an uninstall tool for each product, we replaced the two aforementioned tools by a single tool, named BitDefender uninstall tools, which takes you to a web page where you can download the uninstaller for the desired product.
  • Fixed some tools that were no longer downloading properly.
Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Hello again. I've got a UVK update for you guys.

v11.10.7.0 Release date: July 20 2023

• Improved the tweaks list in Tools and tweaks - Registry tweaks tab. The tweaks are now listed in four groups namely:
Visual tweaks​
Explorer, desktop and taskbar tweaks​
Performance and productivity tweaks​
System and security tweaks​
  • Added a new button to Tools and tweaks - System restore tools tab: Restore selected. This new button lets you easily restore your comuter to the selected restore point.
  • Updated Device rescue's code to version 1.1, which now has a context menu in the device list itself. Right clicking any item in the list displays this new menu containing the following options for the hilighted item: Update device driver, Enable/Disable device, Uninstall device, Uninstall and delete driver, Reinstall device, Restart device, Scan for hardware changes, Device properties and Google name and hardware ID.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone. I've got a UVK update for you.

v11.10.8.4 Release date: September 12 2023

• Updated WAU Manager with the version 3.4 which now also updates installed applications.
  • Increased the size of the Custom Apps dialog box, adding 11 more buttons.
  • Added a new item to the System repair's fixes list: WAU Manager - update all apps.
  • Added support for a new scripting command: <WAUUpdateApps>. This new fix updates installed applications using WAU Manager.
  • Bug fixes and definition updates
Thanks for reading? Have a great day!

Back