Two houses wireless

Tech Savvy

Reaction score
Hello my fellow gurus,
I have a client that lives on a two house property. The "front house" is at the street and the "back house" is about 70 yards behind it. The area between the two is an open yard, no trees or telephone wires directly between the two houses. The client is strongly against running a wire. We were first called in to install his online purchased router and bridge (2 x buffalo wcr-gn) one for the front house and one for the back house, which individually work okay, but the back house can't seem to hang on to the signal from the front house. I was wondering if anyone has any product recommendations for a new router and/or bridge. Or if perhaps maybe just a larger directional antennae will work?

Connected to the front house is 6 endpoint devices. And 3 end point devices in the back house. All pcs are windows 7 or 8 and tablets are iOS, and one nook.

For clarification setup is as follows:

ISP Modem --wired--> front house wcr-gn --wireless --> back house wcr-gn

Thank you for any and all help on the issue.

*Added note* - both houses are two story and require wifi throughout. The current setup provides that when the wireless connection between the two houses works.

Last edited:
you need 2 ubiquiti nanostation loco m5 units, you may need m2 units depending on the placement of the nanostations.

i can sell you a ready to go bridge, plug it in and it works or you can source them on your own and set them up, they are not to bad to setup.

the 2 nanostations will act as a network cable

Are both buildings on the same electrical phase?

If they are, I'd suggest HomePlug/Powerline adaptors and WAPs, or combined poweline/WAP units.

Was just thinking was KRT said above....I'd do a point to point wireless bridge between two Ubiq Nano's....and then wire some runs internally (or home plugs) and I'd sprinkle some Unifi's internally.

Back