Toshiba Tecra R950-1CL Supervisor Password removal help.

frenchscottie

Reaction score
Customer brought in the laptop and I have to wipe and reinstall windows 10, but the bios is locked and customer didn't know. Didn't even know what the bios was.
He says he bought the laptop over a year ago and the company is out of business so he can't phone them.
I've seen the youtube videos etc but $40 is a bit much.
I've done the
"Press keys in the order [CTRL], [TAB], [CTRL] and [ENTER].
The Serial number and Challenge code will be displayed."
Does anyone know how to use the challenge code to get the password removed.?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reply. Nothing else works, tried them all, need to get the right response code to the challenge code.
This is what's displayed on the screen.
PC Serial No. = YC153456H
Challenge Code = DFU0X-VXFQ3-GPJRV-JPDK4-L0XU5
Response Code =

Won't be until this evening. But I used to have access to the Toshiba ASP area so I'll see if it still works and has anything of value. The only catch is it doesn't cover machines from many countries. But think it might cover EU.

An option. I've never done this but other's have commented about moving W10 HD's to a new machine and have them work. So maybe try installing W10 on another laptop and just swing the drive over to the Tosh when it in OOBE.

An option. I've never done this but other's have commented about moving W10 HD's to a new machine and have them work. So maybe try installing W10 on another laptop and just swing the drive over to the Tosh when it in OOBE.
I load my standard image created in audit mode with my main system and move the drive back to the clients computer and generalize to oobe and move on with the install.

If the computer boots, you could try a reset or refresh from within Windows.

Thanks for that guys. That would be handy if it still works Mark.
I was going to do that with drive but customer has one of those laptop ODD bay Hard disk enclosure and wants to change boot order to boot from it when he wants.

Back