Technician Toolset

Greg Hicks

Reaction score
I currently have TechSuite, Fabs, UVK, Tech Tool Store, and am in the process of setting up my MalwareBytes TechBench tool onto my suite of tools for managing my computer repair. I also am using SyncroMSP for my ticketing, RMM, A/V, etc.
Anyone feel I'm being overly redundant with some of these tools? Or think maybe some of them are a bit long in the tooth (TechSuite comes to mind there). I do like the features TechSuite has, just thinking that maybe the other tools will replace it. The one feature of TechSuite that has kept me with them this far is the fact that it automatically sends a report to the ticket in SyncroMSP for that client. Not sure if any of the other tools offer that but that would be great if I could find out how.
- Greg

I don't know all the details of the suites you are using but I don't see any imaging or cloning tools in your list. Also - No Linux?

I've been fixing , scanning, and resolving Windows errors and issues for over 20 years. I am not seeing many of the programs and apps that I use mentioned here, so for what its worth I'll let you know. I try to keep it simple, transparent, safe for customer and fast.
Step. 1. I explain what Teamviewer is and the pros and cons of the app, and not to allow anyone else on the computer that they don't personally know. I do this so I can get the heck out of there, if there is no hardware issue, I can fix most printer issues remotely also. I can work on about 10 customers computers at one time in Teamviewer and relax from my home. I am mobile and on-site only, zero overhead costs except gas. Note: I get permission from Customer to install Teamviewer and set a temporary password. I transfer all my main apps and fixes already in my custom folder that contains my cell number and email and website. I take a picture on my phone of the open teamviewer ifo page, and set to load at start up. If teamviewer craps out on me at some point , [flagged as commercial use], I simply open my little app and the reset of a new ID is done in literally 5 seconds.
First 4 are all run at same time and are running when I leave.
Get Geek Uninstaller : Pre-look for and uninstall any free crap anitvirus apps customer has installed, *Temporarily turn off Paid verisons.
1. Appcheck - run a full scan , its by Checkmal.com -free
2. Hitman Pro (Pre-Activated)
3. Glary Utilities Pro (Licenced)
4. Unhackme in Stages- free , make sure to unistall afterwards.
5. Malwarebyes free reboot . Unistall after reboot, but install Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium ( Pre-activated) only.
6. Nortons Power Eraser - free, unistall after reboot - use if problems not resolved yet. Not often needed.
7. For Windows issues -Tweaking.com [Repair Windows pro] - free , choose only "Fix Common Issues" section unless you really know what your doing and run the app. Temp. disable any protection running in background.
8. Smart Defrag Portable- free
9. Crypto- Prevent ( lifetime licence- unlimited use ) * I was one of first 100 buyers. Locks down over 5,000 policies so Ransomware has little effect. Set to default and no worries.
Invoice customer, pays by Email Interac Direct deposit "no password" or Cash in advance before I leave.
** No checks except from Businesses.

Only 3 more posts to go.

Robert

Back