Syncro, TechSuite, Kabuto, Repairshopr

RetiredGuy1000

Reaction score
I know there is plenty of info on these forums regarding Repairtech and it's products. Am I correct to assume that Repairtech owns techsuite, kabuto, and Syncro? Seems that some of these would be competing with each other.

i was excited about techsuite until i read something about Syncro maybe replacing techsuite and Kabuto. That confuses me. It appears that Syncro is the successor to all these but is that correct? Syncro pricing is about twice what the others are.

Since I have no clients(yet), I am not married to anybody. I have been enjoying RepairShopr but could switch if need be. The thing about techsuite that is attractive is that there are a bunch of tests and the client computer gets a thorough overview as far as software tests are concerned. Startup items are listed etc. It seems like a needed crutch for me considering the newness of my entry into the biz. The tests and reports seem worthwhile, especially for a tune up or a computer that wont cooperate.

Again, if you want to own instead of monthly/yearly payments there is SimpleHelp and it also has a free trial which runs on their servers.

Again, if you want to own instead of monthly/yearly payments there is SimpleHelp and it also has a free trial which runs on their servers.
I must be reading their site wrong. $300 per session? Really?

"A session is any connection between a technician and a remote computer."

It must be $300 per year for access to one computer at a time. Nothing else makes sense.

@RetiredGuy1000 Are you primarily focused on break/fix or are you looking to build an MSP?

It's $300 one time forever with up to 1,000 machines managed and one remote session at a time for that price. Perfect for sole/small operators. For one year you get all their current improvements and updates as well as live support.

Last edited:
The price is good, but all you seem to get is remote control over other computers. With techsuite, you dont have remote control(I dont think) but you get a whole bunch of repair utilities and reports that, at least to me, makes a computer tune-up a no-brainer.

Simple-Help has 2 levels, pricing is based on the number of simultaneous remote control sessions.

IIRC the lower level is just remote control and starts at $300 for the first simultaneous session (lower as you add more). That includes 1 year of updates, renewal after that I think is now 40% of the original price?

The higher level also includes a bunch of semi-RMM monitoring options and I believe remote powershell scripting capabilities which I don't believe count as a remote control session.

@RetiredGuy1000 Do you have the skills to properly setup, secure, and manage something like SimpleHelp on your own web server? Is it something you want to tackle and learn if you don't?

It appears to have some good features and potential, but I'd be concerned about the responsibility/liability for ensuring security. Since MSP's are valuable targets, I'd be apprehensive to run such software on my own web server without greater skills than I currently have. I may be being overly cautious, but I would think running this oneself should be tackled by those more experienced in such things rather than one just starting out.

That said, I run PCRT on my web server so I'm kinda hypocritical I guess.

In french @Mike McCall we call that a Cordonnier mal chaussé: someone who doesn't apply his skills to his personal situation. :cool: We keep telling our clients keep your files in a orderly fashion making sure you save everything in the same place for easy backups... do we follow that rule? Hell No we've got New Folder to New Folder(20) and then some.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know there is plenty of info on these forums regarding Repairtech and it's products. Am I correct to assume that Repairtech owns techsuite, kabuto, and Syncro? Seems that some of these would be competing with each other.
Your are partially correct. RepairTech owns Techsuite and Kabuto however Syncro is a collaboration between Repairtech and RepairShoppr.

If your wanting to get into MSP, take my advise, there are much better RMM's out there other than Kabuto. There are just too many on here that use different RMM's for different reasons. But most can agree that Kabuto is NOT one of them. I myself use Pulseway and it has a great built in remote desktop feature at no additional cost.

As for just wanting a remote desktop, opt for what @Diggs said, or you can use AnyDesk (though in the long run it'll be more expensive). Some use TeamViewer, which has mixed reviews here - namely price. And as for what @Porthos said, +1 for UVK.

All in all, take what we say here with a grain of salt as each of us will have a different reason as to why we use and what we use. The best thing to do is research and trial. But be warned, trialing can be a job in itself as your bound to get bombarded by emails or phone calls.

Take a step back and first outline on paper what problem(s) you are trying to solve.

Once you have that list start seeing what software ticks those boxes. Then compare price and complexity.

It's easy to get overwhelmed with options.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Back