O365 Migration Question

thecomputerguy

Reaction score
ANOTHER client of mine just got bought out and the new owners are coming in Guns a Blazin. This account is going to go from my least needy account to my most needy account in a hurry and I can't say I'm particularly thrilled about it but it is what it is.

So ... Company A (Buyers) bought Company B (My Client).

Company A is on Gsuite and they are sharing their main client data/database through a single shared OneDrive account. Yes it's bad. Yes I can't believe it actually works at all.

As of the close date the buyers want me to migrate them away from Gsuite onto O365, then convert my client to their domain.

So I'm not sure what the best plan is I see two options:

1.) Migrate Gsuite to a new O365 Tenant then Migrate my client into their new tenant and then change all the DNS stuff.

2.) Migrate Gsuite into MY clients tenant, swap all the aliases, change all relevant company information like billing, address etc.

I feel like option two is the easier option but also sounds like it could get messy in a hurry.

I'm thinking I have to go with option one, essentially doing two full and separate migrations.

I'd probably lean towards option 2...not knowing the setup that currently exists. You can easily add additional domains...and you can easily make one of them default.
You can even "rename" tenants now...to change/update the original sharepoint URLs...if for some reason someone would notice that and it would bother t hem.

Hard to say without know a lot more details...like how complex the current setup is, how many users, etc.

Back