No POST / No Video - Dell XPS 700

I got the cable I needed and gave it a go >> still no change. Steady amber light on the power button, some very loud fans but nothing else. So far, we have replaced...

-the motherboard
-the power supply
-and the front panel i/o ribbon cable

Anybody have any other thoughts or suggestions? I'm about ready to just give it back and recommend buying a new computer. The replacement motherboard is in the system right now. I suppose I could put the old m/b back in with the new cable. What does everybody think? I think this machine is possessed. =)

According to Dell's documentation the following infomation explains the led colors and what each mean: Feel free to follow the link(s) as needed, woud seem the mainboard is somehow still the issue.

Controls and Lights

Power control
push button

Power light
green light — Blinking green in sleep state; solid green for power-on state (see Power Lights).

amber light — Blinking amber indicates a problem with an installed device; solid amber indicates an internal power problem (see Power Lights).

Hard-drive access light
green

Link integrity light (on integrated network adapter)
green light — A good connection exists between a 10-Mbps network and the computer.

orange light — A good connection exists between a 100-Mbps network and the computer.

yellow light — A good connection exists between a 1-GB (1000-Mbps) network and the computer.

off (no light) — The computer is not detecting a physical connection to the network.

Activity light (on integrated network adapter)
yellow blinking light when there is activity on the network; if there is not any network activity, the light will be off

Diagnostic lights
four lights on the front panel (see Diagnostic Lights)

Standby power light
AUXPWR on the system board

front panel LEDs
eight multi-colored LEDs provide illumination for the front of the computer

NOTE: The color of the front panel LEDs can be adjusted in system setup (see System Setup).

back panel LEDs
two multi-colored lights provide illumination for the I/O panel on the back of the computer

NOTE: The color of the back panel LEDs can be adjusted in system setup (see System Setup).

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps700/en/SM_en/specs.htm

Back