News and Weather on the Taskbar is (almost) never correct....

lol removed first time I saw it, takes up my valuable taskbar space for other useless things.
Don't worry, Windows 11 will take away all of the "useless"space so you can see into the useless space behind the taskbar instead!

Is anyone getting the News and Weather on the Taskbar to update automatically? I haven't seen it update by itself yet. I have to manually click on it to update. WTF MS? Why put it there and then have it be wrong most of the time? Yes, it can be removed but some like it and don't realize it is usually wrong. It's become a pet peeve of mine......
I've turned it off on every computer that I've come in contact with. Most of my clients think it's annoying.

Just for the fun of it, I turned the News and Interests feature on so I'd see the weather widget this morning. It is updating itself as the morning has gone on. I do NOT have the Reduce Taskbar updates or Open on hover options checked.

The update interval seems to be at least 30 minutes, possibly a bit more, between checks. It went from a fog alert (which we did have) and 48 degrees F to cloudy and 52 degrees and, just now, to partly sunny and 55 degrees. My mouse pointer is nowhere near to the taskbar so it's not because of anything I'm doing that it's updating.

Back