Taskbar Auto hides and stays auto hid

autumn

Reaction score
G day all

I have a newly install Windows 11 Pro system and the client has set the taskbar to automatically hide. Which should be fine. There's a couple of apps that don't resize and of course the OK buttons are under the taskbar. Anyway, it works some of the times and others the taskbar won't reappear. Of course they can hit the Windows key and the menu and taskbar shows however that doesn't help if they are moving the mouse.

I thought it might have been an update, however Windows update is up to date. I've tried stopping and starting the explore service, which fixes it for that session but once the restart the issue reappears.

It is dual screens, Intel NUC, Windows 11 Pro, on a domain, what else is needed? The apps that hid are web base, older user, lol.

Any direction in help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Have you tried sfc /scannow? Dism.exe?

If the Disk is healthy you could do a chkdsk /f C:

Or all of the above.

Maybe just a little file corruption?

Have you tried sfc /scannow? Dism.exe?

If the Disk is healthy you could do a chkdsk /f C:

Or all of the above.

Maybe just a little file corruption?
The simple things I've over looked at doing. lol.

Nope haven't done them. I'm onsite again tomorrow and run them.

Just need a prompt sometimes.

Reactions: GTP
Create a new profile see if it does it there. Why is it part of a domain, is it shared?
If not well something berked with user profile, probably some .reg issue.

Turn off auto-hide, all good? Turn back on. Still a problem? Does the problem exist when only one screen is used. Does it matter which screen his cursor is on?

a waiting to hear back from the client.

Ran SFC and chkdsk, both said they repaired things.

@Diggs yup turned it off and on previously and it came back. Didn't try with a single screen, however when it's work as it should only the screen that the mouse is on pops up. Yes it happened with both screens.

It's now a wait and see. Thanks for the prompts.

Back