New Business, New Space!

bolharr2250

Reaction score
Equipped with a name, several years of basic software and remote support experience, and some basic tools (RepairShopr, ScreenConnect, and TechWARU) I'm gearing up to start slowly purchasing necessary hardware, as well as simply improving my workshop.

So, if you have any suggestions on tools, hardware, or shop workstations, it would be much appreciated! I currently own the bare minimum small screwdriver set, a rusty soldering iron, assorted screws, a few spare mice and a wrist strap for static. Also any desk / wall organizers that you prefer would be helpful!

Current List:
- Silicon Power 240 GB SSD 2.5 Upgrade Kit With Enclosure (Link) (This is for my current shop laptop)
- IFixit Pro Tech Toolkit (Significant upgrade to my current range of tools for any basic hardware fixes and installations)
- Sandisk Cruzer 8GB and 16GB Flash Drives (Data transfer, boot drives)
- Flash Drive Organizer
- Mini USB Wifi Adapter (For Troubleshooting)
- Basic Wired Keyboard

Last edited:
I have used the IFixit set and it is a pretty decent tool set but I would recommend buying the plastic pry tools in bulk from china I use them for laptop and tablet/phone repair they break fairly easy.

A pc test bench case can be useful from time to time for testing hardware.

zalman ve300 is a usb3.0 2.5" enclosure that can also emulate a USB dvd drive and allows you to mount ISO files you have on the drive I would recommend installing a SSD if budget allows.

Nanch Precision Tools Precision Screwdriver Set while I love the ifixit set I find the Nanch Precision driver feels a bit better and I love the locking extension I also use it sometimes to access recessed screws the ifixit can not.

A good multimeter always comes in handy I currently use a UNI-T UT61E it has a great feature set for the price.

I really like the ifixit Anti-Static Project Tray I would recommend keeping a few around the shop I just wish they had a lid so I could store items in them while waiting for parts etc.

Dental mirror and Picks can come in very useful.

Various size hemostats can come in very useful for getting into tight spots.

Scalpel with blades in my opinion much better then a hobby knife as the blades will not roll and they can be purchased very cheap from ebay or amazon.

If you plan to do any soldering on cell phones such as usb and power swich replacement I would recommend a good hot air rework station.

I'm sure there is more that I cant think of but acsva link covers most of it.

I've been using D7II for a number of years now, and it's always been my go-to bit of software - The only trouble is that it can't be used on non-booting PCs. but you've got Techwaru for that I guess?

These threads were just posted this week that will give you some great ideas!

https://www.technibble.com/forums/threads/★-items-to-add-to-your-pc-tech-toolkit-★.67055/

You beat me to it :p

Equipped with a name, several years of basic software and remote support experience, and some basic tools (RepairShopr, ScreenConnect, and TechWARU) I'm gearing up to start slowly purchasing necessary hardware, as well as simply improving my workshop.

So, if you have any suggestions on tools, hardware, or shop workstations, it would be much appreciated! I currently own the bare minimum small screwdriver set, a rusty soldering iron, assorted screws, a few spare mice and a wrist strap for static. Also any desk / wall organizers that you prefer would be helpful!

Current List:
- Silicon Power 240 GB SSD 2.5 Upgrade Kit With Enclosure (Link) (This is for my current shop laptop)
- IFixit Pro Tech Toolkit (Significant upgrade to my current range of tools for any basic hardware fixes and installations)
- Sandisk Cruzer 8GB and 16GB Flash Drives (Data transfer, boot drives)
- Flash Drive Organizer
- Mini USB Wifi Adapter (For Troubleshooting)
- Basic Wired Keyboard

Better option for the SSD is a Samsung 850 Evo + Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA 2.5" HDD Enclosure (supports UASP)

I personally use a basic keyboard that I really enjoy - the Logitech K120

Last edited:
Back