Move Around Virus

ebittner

Reaction score
I have found this pretty useful.
My computer is still p[retty new so I do not have any programs so whenever I get a virus i just go and restore my computer to the day before so I do not lose much informatin if any and I bypass the virus becasue it is deleted when I restore the computer to an earlier time.

That wont remove the virus or a trojan, its possible it'll make a trojan inactive but it wont remove them.

System restore will only revert things such as your registry/settings. For example, if you download (lets say from MSN Messenger) a trojan and run it. It will place itself in the registry as a program to run on startup. Every time your computer restarts the registry tells it to load the trojan.

By using system restore you will revert the entry it put on your computer so it wont run on startup anymore, but the file will still remain.

As for viruses, the more sophisticated viruses wont be effected at all by a system restore. Besides, you dont know how long you've had the virus and it could be IN your system restore (it happens).

Its recommended just to run a good virus scanner such as AVG, frequently backup onto CD/DVD disks and use caution with everything (opening unknown files/emails/keep system patched etc..).

Back