Outlook 365 - Where is the mysterious "subfolder1"?

britechguy

Reaction score
In response to end users lamenting the disappearance of messages "saved" in Trash/Deleted Items, I gave the old soapbox rant about these NOT being locations where you should ever be saving anything you want to be sure you have later. As part of that I thought I'd throw together a tutorial on the Move command in Outlook so that a specific folder of the users creation could be used, and even a shortcut to issue the entire move to that folder created.

Well, as part of that, here's what I found:
1709059057678.png

Notice that there is a "subfolder1" option in the Move submenu, but I didn't create anything named subfolder1 and there is nothing shown in the folder tree at the left that indicates a subfolder1 exists (and I have expanded the collapsed entries just to be sure I hadn't created one under them at some point in the past).

I have used Move, choosing subfolder1, for several junk mail messages, and I still can't seem to find where they've gone to after having done so even with a search, but they have to be going somewhere (and it's not Trash, I've checked).

Any ideas?

Back