MileIQ Free for O365 Busines Premium users

I've been using MileIQ for a couple years. Our accountant really likes it. Unfortunately we don't get it with our Action Pack subscription, but I think it's like $6 a month for me.

They were pushing it for FREE on Androids for a while last year....I tried it last summer or fall for a bit. Nice app..although I don't need it, I just jot down total mileage on the odometer at the first day of each month.

I've been using MileIQ for maybe three years now. It works very well. It's one of my "must have" apps.

You could just jot down your miles manually, and a lot of people do. Or claim to. Or have best intentions of doing.

But in my mind, MileIQ is like Fabs Autobackup. It's worth more than the cost. At 58 cents per mile forgetting to log even a couple of drives per month costs more than the app.

If you, like me, aren't someone who can keep up 100% tracking miles manually, you need MileIQ.

*Edit* Apparently I can't type, but I also can't figure out how to fix the subject line. If someone could sort out that MileIQ up there, that'd be great.

You'll see a pull down link in the right corner just outside the OP post box. Edit title is an option.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 10.53.58 AM.png

I looked at MileIQ years ago and it was nicely polished but I felt expensive. I went with TripLogMileage instead and it's been great. $40/year for their Pro level (web access as well as mobile devices) and it's been rock solid. The one thing I had to do was get into the habit of always plugging my phone in as soon as I get into the car, because I have it set up to trigger on "plugged in and >5mph".

Editing:
A few more details on using it:
  • It supports a bunch of starting methods, I just use "plugged in and moving" but there are options for detecting Bluetooth connections, an available Bluetooth-based USB dongle that can be plugged in (I have it, it's OK) and "smart" detection (which I skipped from concerns about battery).
  • Adding missed trips in is doable but I end up having to tweak starting and ending mileage for following trips if I let it go too long.
  • Also includes easy tracking of vehicle expenses and fuel, with the ability to attach receipt photos.
  • You can name and classify destinations by type, so trips to/from those locations are automatically categorized.
  • I'm bad about tracking the start and end of on-site visits, so I can go back at the end of the day and see exactly when I arrived at and left various customers - years ago I used to do the same with Google Latitude or location histories created with an Android app called Backitude (dumping KML entries to local storage, using FolderSync to push them to Dropbox 2x daily). This is handy for pulling into Google Earth and may someday provide a bunch of parseable data to play with, but right now it just sits in the background quietly. Note: Backitude appears to be gone from the Play store.

Last edited:
For keeping our mileage tracking easy, we just chop of 15% of total miles traveled for personal use (I think it's 15%...been at least 5 years since I've seen the tracking sheet....I just send monthly odo reading to our office manager). Business reimburses 85% of the total mileage. Hence....not having to track individual trips. Accountants happy with that.

For keeping our mileage tracking easy, we just chop of 15% of total miles traveled for personal use (I think it's 15%...been at least 5 years since I've seen the tracking sheet....I just send monthly odo reading to our office manager). Business reimburses 85% of the total mileage. Hence....not having to track individual trips. Accountants happy with that.

I just use a vehicle owned by the business, no mileage deduction at all, all vehicular expenses are a cost of doing business.

I have this. Just leave it plugged in to the OBD port on my car for the last several years. Check the web whenever I need mileage or any trip data. Excellent.

Looks interesting does it so store and forward?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I don't know what you mean by store and forward in this context. All I know is that it continuously uploads trip data over its own included cellular connection to their cloud. When I sign in to the portal the data is just there, nicely presented and even available for download.

Back