Marketing - What worked and What Flopped.

The CAR!

Alright for those who wanted to see what the wrapped car looks like...

1.jpg

2.jpg

I swear any of you prank call me and I will hack your IP :cool:

Wow

Your car wrap is great. I think you did a very good job at it.

Are you primarily a residential technician? I think it works very well for that, but businesses may be a bit more wary to hire. It also may just be me, but get some hubcaps back on your car.

Also, for the "I FIX COMPUTERS" shirt idea, I am going to get right on that. I think it a very easy way to talk to people.

@Davis

I know about the hub cabs :( Funny thing is... someone kept STEALING THEM! I know it sounds silly but seriously!

I come home one day and the Front Left one was gone. So I'm like well crap... gotta start not hugging those turns. Then I come home 2 days later and the BACK RIGHT one was gone?!?! So I'm like OK what the crap... and then! About a week later *I put the hub cabs I had left on one side and just made sure my car was facing the customers house that had hub cabs on it lol!* I had a 3rd one go missing so I was like alright I'm pimping without them.

They are $145 to replace!!! So I've just never got around to it...

Also, yes I am primarly a residential tech. I have maybe 3 solid business contracts which I do not advertise nor wish to perform a lot of business contracts. I perfer the residential side of it.

Last edited:
I use a local classified add paper, it's about $35 a month, comes out every Tuesday. We get alot of calls from that, some produces some not.
We advertise in the Yellow pages and have gotten some good response, nothing great, but some good. We also have 18x24 door magnets on each of our vehicles. We get some response from that but very little. However, we do hear alot of "Oh, I think I've seen your car/truck/van around town" (we call it our "fleet") So at least the name is getting out.

We are about to do some 'selective' mailings targeting specific business types and start some 'door to door' marketing as well. I hope it works!!!

We have been doing well with the residential market on a part time basis, but now we are attempting to get more business clients to build on our business so we can go full time.

Any other ideas on marketing to small businesses would be welcome as well!! Advertising to businesses tends to be a bit more tricky from how I see it as you have to be more 'tactful' and 'professional' in doing so.

Another thing I've heard others doing is those "bandit" or roadside signs like politicians put out. Some places it's illegal to put them, but others it's not. I've hear good responses from the people who have done it. We've thought about doing that and making them mobile signs, buy a certain amount and move them around (as people tend to not see the things that they get used to).

@Davis

I know about the hub cabs :( Funny thing is... someone kept STEALING THEM! I know it sounds silly but seriously!

I come home one day and the Front Left one was gone. So I'm like well crap... gotta start not hugging those turns. Then I come home 2 days later and the BACK RIGHT one was gone?!?! So I'm like OK what the crap... and then! About a week later *I put the hub cabs I had left on one side and just made sure my car was facing the customers house that had hub cabs on it lol!* I had a 3rd one go missing so I was like alright I'm pimping without them.

They are $145 to replace!!! So I've just never got around to it...

Also, yes I am primarly a residential tech. I have maybe 3 solid business contracts which I do not advertise nor wish to perform a lot of business contracts. I perfer the residential side of it.

If the hubcaps are that much just get some aluminum rims and be done with it.

Bump!

Uopdated the first post with users' suggestions, formatting to make it easier to read, and a somewhat useful rating system. Hope you like the changes and we can continue to make this a useful thread. Keep the ideas coming!

-Logan

Craig's List - $0 - Rating Unknown

Additional Notes: Lsjohsnon / zomg the spam... brace yourself seriously. It's almost to the point I don't want to read my e-mail. I'm going to give it a little while but if these keeps up and no return I'm taking it down. However I'm willing to try anything that's free at least once!
Forward your mail to Google and from Google to whatever e-mail address you hold secret. They are great at filtering out the spam.

Back