Email Spam Check

frase

Reaction score
I am wondering is there a reputable email spam checker I can use to check my email spam rating?
What methods do others use to implement reducing spam, I block them though get a few everyday.
I will check at my host to see if there are any options in the meantime.

Using 365 Business Standard.

I was getting like 6~8 per day to my 5 domain addresses (********@barcelonacomputers dot com dot au)
I called my hosting provider and spoke to them. I get like 1~2 per week now, so they can do something for you.
I host with Crazy Domains.

I stopped using gmail a few months ago because I was getting about 20~30 (sometimes double that!) spam emails per day. I still have the account but I'll probably never check it or use it again.

I am wondering is there a reputable email spam checker I can use to check my email spam rating?
What methods do others use to implement reducing spam, I block them though get a few everyday.

Have you logged into the Admin Center to see what's available?

Are you looking for free? MS has several options but not free - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/m...i-spam-policies-configure?view=o365-worldwide

Years ago I did do some stuff via Exchange Power Shell. Not sure if that is still available.

I stopped using gmail a few months ago because I was getting about 20~30 (sometimes double that!) spam emails per day.

In your inbox?

I've got 4 different gmail accounts, the youngest of which is about 8 years old and the oldest of which dates back to just after gmail dropped the need for invitations to join the service.

I have not encountered an in-inbox piece of spam in longer than I can remember. Their spam filtering is, as far as I'm concerned, best in business.

@frase

I have a cool little "portable" tool that I had forgotten about.
Its called "eRemove" by Victor Javier. I think the project stopped long, long ago because it hasn't been updated since 2000! Victor Javier disappeared from the internet in about 2000~2001.

It still works great though. Only takes a few seconds to display your available email.

What it does is allows you to view your email on the server and you select what you want to receive - the rest is deleted.
By doing this, spam slows and eventually stops because your PC is not broadcasting that your address is active, so the spam server stops sending.

I used to use it always, but since there is no Linux version, I stopped using it.

If you're interested I can give you a link to download from my cloud service, a full description on how to setup (2 mins max) and use.

@GTP Thanks If you can, I will test it out. It is my biz email that is getting spammed by "hello beautiful" messages nearly once a day. Sure it is nice to wake up to with a nice message, but "do svidaniya, ledi."

@Markverhyden yes though are paid versions.

@HCHTech will have a look.

If you haven't already...

https://admin.microsoft.com -> Show all -> Security -> Email & Collab section Policies & Rules -> Threat Policies -> Preset Security Policies

Flip the standard switch! If you haven't done this yet, you're still using the old rules... and they rather suck.

If you haven't already...

https://admin.microsoft.com -> Show all -> Security -> Email & Collab section Policies & Rules -> Threat Policies -> Preset Security Policies

Flip the standard switch! If you haven't done this yet, you're still using the old rules... and they rather suck.
Thanks @Sky-Knight though it errors out with this -

Do I need Premium, as I only have Business Standard.

Code:
Diagnostic information:{Version:17.01.1458.000,Environment:SEAPROD,DeploymentId:402b48e9-bdc9-4762-a349-604f39ec3295,InstanceId:WebRole_IN_45,SID:68a46ca7-a383-4e4d-bd0d-66e17df2ed53,CID:d7bf7726-5b44-4622-bc4d-7098ce50215e}
Time:Wed, 06 Mar 2024 05:29:37 GMT

Thanks @Sky-Knight though it errors out with this -

Do I need Premium, as I only have Business Standard.

Code:
Diagnostic information:{Version:17.01.1458.000,Environment:SEAPROD,DeploymentId:402b48e9-bdc9-4762-a349-604f39ec3295,InstanceId:WebRole_IN_45,SID:68a46ca7-a383-4e4d-bd0d-66e17df2ed53,CID:d7bf7726-5b44-4622-bc4d-7098ce50215e}
Time:Wed, 06 Mar 2024 05:29:37 GMT
No, that switch works on any tenant that has a mailbox.

Premium gives you ability to customize it and control it more, but the standard and strict templates work on any tenant with just a single Exchange Online P1 entitlement...

I'd try that again later, perhaps something in the back end was FUBAR when you did it.

No, that switch works on any tenant that has a mailbox.

Which I can confirm. Here are the screenshots from my checking:
1709754795233.png

Then activate the Manage protection settings link under the one you wish to turn on (standard, in this case), and you get this:

1709754874571.png

There's a Next button at the bottom (not shown above) and this is what comes after you activate it:

1709754936391.png

Then after the Next button on the above screen is activated, you see this:

1709755004050.png

Activate the Confirm button then you get this:

1709755058995.png

Yeah default 365 spam/malware settings are not that great. Have to go in and "dial them up"
Of course, I'm a 1,000% firm believer that 365 STD isn't enough for businesses, that they should at least have ATP/Defender P1..(included in business premium SKU which has a ton of other important things a biz client should have).

And, with Def p1, still have to go in and turn things on...either the pre configured policy profiles noted above, or...I go in and make my own individually.

Now it's "best in breed". :)

Back