Managed Encryption (FDE)

freedomit

Reaction score
With the upcoming GDPR legislation im looking for an easy way to centrally manage and report Full Disk Encryption (FDE) for devices, currently its not something we do and it needs to change. I have looked into Sophos Central (we are a partner) but it utilises BitLocker so doesnt cover Win7 Pro devices, only the on-premise Sophos Encryption supports it and we have moved most customers away from it.

Do anyone have a cloud based platform that manages FDE and also supports Windows 7 Pro?

It may be time to look at whether upgrading to Windows 10 Pro is a viable option at least if these are for a domain setup where you can integrate Bitlocker with the domain.

I used this service for several years. They use a modified version of Checkpoint for the software encryption agent.
https://www.alertsec.com/

Support is good..based in the UK. Since it's a software encryption client, it eats some CPU cycles, and chews up the hard drives a bit...so I did experience high failure rates with spindle drives (like....seriously around 40% of their fleet of laptops had hard drives go tango uniform). The client I used this at (they had a fleet of laptops for the mobile nurses)...was realistic with their budget, and had performance expectations, so I flipped their fleet of laptops to Crucial SSDs. Performance with this FDE was good, and no failures once on SSD. Used it for quite a few years. They have a centralized web portal where you can view/manage the fleet of laptops as far as encryption, and "prove it" if some situation arises where you need to show the laptop that got lost/stolen was protected at the time of loss.

Back