LogMeIn Rescue & GotoAssist Express compared head to head ?

supporter

Reaction score
I think my decision honestly has come down to these two remote support tools. They are both very professional and offer good tools.

Has anyone actually used and compared LogMeIn Rescue with GotoAssit Express head to head?

Can anyone tell me how GotoAssist Express and LogMeIn Rescue compare/differ?

The price difference seems significant and I am not sure of the reasons. If price was not a concern, which remote tool would be your choice and why?

What does LogMeIn Rescue have for the price that GotoAssist does not?

I honestly cannot tell the differences from their websites.

Thanks very much!

Brett

Have you thought about trialing each one to discover what they can do and how they both work?

I've been a long time user of loginme products. Now when it came time for me to use a web based product for tech support I ended up using gotoassist express. The price was the key factor for me. 70 dollars a month for 8 simultaneous connections is a great deal. Plus I can use it anytime I need it. Personally I dont think there is a big difference between the 2 services if all you need is a fast way to get into a clients computer for support. Been very happy with it since November of 2009.

Now a few weeks ago cytrix sent me a survey about gotoassist express. One question they asked was about if i would like to personalize the service by putting my own logo on the product. So it could be that hey might have some new features down the road for letting us personalize gotoassist express. :)

I've been a long time user of loginme products. Now when it came time for me to use a web based product for tech support I ended up using gotoassist express. The price was the key factor for me. 70 dollars a month for 8 simultaneous connections is a great deal...

Yes, I agree its a great deal (gotoassist). BUT if price were not an issue at all, would you prefer logmein rescue and why? What does it offer that gotoassist does not?

That's what I'm really trying to find out. I'm not seeing that LogMeIn Rescue offers anything that gotoassist express doesn't, or am I wrong?

Thanks.

Well I have not used logmein rescue so I cant say what it does that is very different. But what I can say is that the user interface that gotoassist express uses is really nice and very easy to use. Logmein uses an encrypted connection at 256bits where gotoassist uses only 128bit. lol.. Granted they are both very very very secure connections but don't think it really matters.

As brownie says, use the trial version of both services and see for yourself. Thats the only way you will be able to see if the products are what you are looking for.

How about how GTAE and LMI Rescue compare insofar as speed, and being able to see/utilize the customer's screen real estate ? I've used GotoAssist Express briefly in testing and I don't recall it providing a 'full screen' experience.

I'm told that logging is more detailed in logmein's system.

I wish I had time to fully test out all of the latest offerings of the many remote support system providers, but alas my time is limited, like most business owners. My main interests are quality, speed, and dept of features, price is secondary to me.

So, I'm looking for more user feedback here.

Thanks very much!

P.S. I just discovered this service a few minutes ago: http://www.zoho.com/assist/index.html The intrigue is the price: free for one tech, with limitations. $12 per month for one tech without those usage limitations. Just a FYI for those who are looking at minimizing their costs. Hope that helps somebody!

Hmm Well I just tired that ZOHO assist. Must say its not that bad at all. Now it does seem to be a bit slower the logmein or gotoassist express, but then again it just might be me. File transfer worked nice. The diagnostic page it gives about the other computer is nice and very detailed.

Think that I will add this to my remote options from now on. Don't plan getting rid of my gotoassit express just yet. Will do more testing on this zoho program. Might even pay the $12 free for just 1 month and try all the features. So far So good.

Remember that old saying, you get what you pay for. :) lol..

I cant believe there aren't more users of logmein rescue here to pipe in.

Actually, believe it or not, I've just gotten around to starting testing the new version of teamviewer (5). It seems capable but I wonder if the lifetime license includes updates and if so, for how long - does anyone know? I emailed support a short while back but haven't heard back from them.

I recently settled down on LogMeIn Express, until I can afford GTAE. I simply liked the interface better, and GTAE seemed to give better performance over my wireless internet connection.

Hmm Well I just tired that ZOHO assist. Must say its not that bad at all. Now it does seem to be a bit slower the logmein or gotoassist express, but then again it just might be me. File transfer worked nice. The diagnostic page it gives about the other computer is nice and very detailed.

Think that I will add this to my remote options from now on. Don't plan getting rid of my gotoassit express just yet. Will do more testing on this zoho program. Might even pay the $12 free for just 1 month and try all the features. So far So good.

Remember that old saying, you get what you pay for. :) lol..

Well worth keeping an eye on, the only lacking feature which has stopped me signing up is no reboot into safe mode and reconnect.

Although in the Zoho forums they say this is in their roadmap. :)

I use Logmeinrescue and pay for one seat, it's around $100 a month. I love this tool mostly because I can connect to 10 machines at a time with no slow down on my end. I usually do up to 5 without much problem with confusions of machines LOL.

Well worth it, easy to connect to PC and Mac. The technical features are what sold me on it, I can do many things in the background and bypass UAC too.

Love it! I recommend it!

Lisa

I use Logmeinrescue and pay for one seat, it's around $100 a month. I love this tool mostly because I can connect to 10 machines at a time with no slow down on my end. I usually do up to 5 without much problem with confusions of machines LOL.

Well worth it, easy to connect to PC and Mac. The technical features are what sold me on it, I can do many things in the background and bypass UAC too.

Love it! I recommend it!

It looks like a very nice tool set, to be sure. Is it faster / more responsive than teamviewer ? TV 5 seemed reasonably quick when I tested it the other day.

At $129 / mo. (or $1188 / yr.), LMI Rescue is at the high end. I would love a detailed comparison with GotoAssist Express (at about 1/2 the price) but I suspect no such creature exists.

I opted for Citrix's GoToAssist Express. I like the professional look of it and all the features. I was in the beta so I got the special pricing which was a big factor, too.

I've only done 3 concurrent sessions at one time but I know it has the ability to do more. The interface keeps all the sessions is small previews at the top with the session name so it's easy to keep track of them. It does full screen as well as 50%, 75%, etc. However, it doesn't remember and resets to default each startup.

GTA has a nice report feature (under your account on their website) that lets me see all the sessions with time, name, IP addresses, etc. I wish they'd add more sorts to it but I can run a full report, export it to Excel and do that myself.

File transfers, chat, notes, system info and rebooting into Safe Mode have all worked great. The only glitches that have occurred were due to problems on the users computers in which a new session had to be created but was much faster since the initial install put its icon on their Desktop. (It has the option to remove the client at the end of a session if you don't want it stay.)

The process of getting it going isn't bad but it could be better. Their forums have ways of streamlining it and Citrix is looking at ways to improve it.

Like a previous poster; I also got the survey. Most questions were the standard "I like...I don't like...Neutral..." type stuff but some of the ideas of future features was kinda cool. One was to have integrated payment at the end of the session. I think another one was to have it work from your smartphone. Should be interesting to see what gets implemented.

Someday I want to try LogMeIn and TV because others here swear by them but for now the price of GTA is too good and it does what I need it to.

Hope this helped.

Repairtech is right. Great features.. Great price. And the software is really easy to use. Has a nice UI if you ask me.

My biggest problem with GoToAssist (which I use and love), is that no one can understand me when I tell them to go to fastsupport.com. I ALWAYS have to spell it out. I know it's silly, but it's annoying.

My biggest problem with GoToAssist (which I use and love), is that no one can understand me when I tell them to go to fastsupport.com. I ALWAYS have to spell it out. I know it's silly, but it's annoying.

I've had that happen to me too. :)

I want to try putting the fastsupport.com webage into a frame like one of the guys on the GTA forums did. He matched the colors perfectly and now he just directs the customer to his website.

I think they have a way you can download the client app and email it to the customer but don't quote me on that one. I'll see if I can find that info again.

I want to try putting the fastsupport.com webage into a frame like one of the guys on the GTA forums did. He matched the colors perfectly and now he just directs the customer to his website.

Here you go, just drop the iframe line between the header and footer sections of your webpage;

Code:
<head>
</head>
<body>
<iframe src="http://www.fastsupport.com" frameborder="no" align="center" width="80%" height="500"> </iframe> 
</body>

The see the rough result of above go to http://www.remotetechies.co.uk/fs.html

Embed the code directly into your homepage with the look of your website. it is just a simple form. You can even replace the Connect Now button with any graphic you want.

HTML:
<form method=post action="https://www.fastsupport.com/servlet/download/customerDownload" name="ssid">
<p>Enter your name: <input class="styled" type="text" name="name"></p>
<p>Enter your 9-digit support key: <input class="styled" type="text" name="supportSessionId" maxlength="11"></p>
<p class="submit"><input type="image" src="https://www.fastsupport.com/images/connect-now.gif"></p>
</form>

I no longer use GoToAssist Express , but when I did this is how I embedded the software on my website.

Last edited:
Back