Linux on the desktop

IMO, Windows has pretty much become irrelevant today. The only thing that keeps redmond going is their contracts with PC / Laptop makers.

However, We will always have sheeple in the world. These people will have to use windows and put up with all its stupid stuff because they have no computers skills whatever. They never developed them in all the years we have had computers around. These are the people that cannot even navigate windows past their desktop. Its no wonder these people will also bring their shortcoming to linux if they did switch.

What I enjoy most on linux is the command line. You can really get so much done a lot quicker in a lot of things rather than the GUI. But, the GUI does have its benefits too.

Another thing that I like about linux is that you can just edit a config file for a service and restart it. You do not have to go search all over the place to find settings that need to be changed. If I need to change settings in my dhcp server its pretty darn easy. I can even ssh in and do it. Done in a minute or less.

If you really want to get down to it, MICROSOFT WINDOWS can be classified as a VIRUS! If you run them side by side and compare the two, Linux and Microsoft, MICROSOFT IS CLEARLY A VIRUS!

Twice this week, I got that call, "It's just sitting there on the boot screen for 4 days now! It was running very slow for almost a week (unbeknown to the client, windows was downloading mega updates (mother-load 450MB virus). Then when I booted it, it locked! I wanna throw this POS out the window!!!!"

LINUX is not supported by a multi BILLION DOLLAR company with "thousands" of programmers, (and its FREE) and in the last 10 years, i haven't jacked up a LINUX os computer by doing an update.

The power went out one time while doing the upgrade from MINT 18.2 to 18.3 and it wouldn't boot back into the x.UI. I followed the un-do command instructions for the failed install for a large package of files, 40 min later, it backed it's self out of the damaged upgrade, reinstalled the files and to my utter amazement, MINT 18.3 was installed, up and running. As I was sitting there, watching the files scroll up the terminal window for 40 min, I was already planing on what day I was going to set aside to do a complete reload of that LINUX box.... I was shocked when it booted and all the guys desktop shortcuts and everything was still in place...working perfectly.

Back