[SOLVED] Laptop LCD Black Screen

Appletax

Reaction score
Edit: Turned out to just be a loose video cable. BSODs caused by bad hard drive.

I've got an Asus G75VX-BHI7N11 gaming laptop that is pretty beat up (multiple cracks in plastic, missing screws, filthy, hair, etc.)
  • Will output to external monitor without issue.
  • Usually the main display stays completely off. Sometimes it powers on and stays black.
  • Does not appear to have any damaged or loose display cables.
I think I should replaced the LCD but want to make sure that is the correct solution.

The LCD uses LEDs so there's no inverter to worry about.

It's also experiencing BSODs during each boot and won't go to Windows, but I think that is another matter.

Last edited:
Can't afford to buy such a specific item like that and have it laying around. Would possibly never use it.

A new one costs nearly $70.

Sounds like you think I need to replace the LCD.

Can't afford to buy such a specific item like that and have it laying around. Would possibly never use it.

A new one costs nearly $70.

Sounds like you think I need to replace the LCD.

Yep. I recommend you start collecting machines that people are going to throw away, strip them for parts, and you'll away have a supply of various parts for testing.

Yep. I recommend you start collecting machines that people are going to throw away, strip them for parts, and you'll away have a supply of various parts for testing.

Usually don't come across systems that people want to scrap. I live in a tiny house and have just a little room on my shelves to store stuff :(

Told the customer that it needs a new LCD screen.

I am like you but I have the space but I don't buy parts unless I am sure(money)

I also do not like to hoard stuff. I am a purger/neat freak. I just keep 1 known good PSU and a good stock of RAM. Good enough. Buy what I need when I need it otherwise.

• Will output to external monitor without issue.

• Usually the main display stays completely off. Sometimes it powers on and stays black.
I have this exact model sitting on my bench right now for the same (if not exactly the same) problem.
I just worked out the issue was with ASUS Console! I uninstalled ASUS Console and it works perfectly.
I also removed Splendid Video, Power4Gear and all the other rubbish that they put on.
Hope this helps.

I have this exact model sitting on my bench right now for the same (if not exactly the same) problem.
I just worked out the issue was with ASUS Console! I uninstalled ASUS Console and it works perfectly.
I also removed Splendid Video, Power4Gear and all the other rubbish that they put on.
Hope this helps.

The issue happens immediately after pressing the power button, which means Windows and its installed programs are not the culprit.

Asus Console can't make the screen stay completely off before Windows even starts to load.

Would at least see the BIOS on the screen.

Would at least see the BIOS on the screen.
In my case no. Completely black from power button push. I scratched my head for quite a while on this one. As soon as I uninstalled ASUS Console it booted normally.
Maybe you have something else going on, but it is fixed for my client.

As soon as I uninstalled ASUS Console it booted normally.

In turn I recently had a client laptop that out of the blue couldn't connect to WiFi. I tried different adapters, drivers, etc. Once I removed Asus Wireless Console 3 everything worked fine. It had updated and something in the update turned off all WiFi. Asus is really slipping. I was a big fan of theirs back when they were known for motherboards especially rock solid high-end boards. Not so much once they got into complete computers.

Back