Is there more than one type of SSD hard drive reader?

katz

Reaction score
I've encountered my first SSD data recovery job. Lenovo Yoga 730. I need to purchase a reader. Is there more than one type of reader for these drives, or will they all connect the same?

EDIT: I guess I answered my own question, lol. This is a PCIe NVMe drive.

Attachments

• driveee.jpg
    driveee.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 6
  • HD.jpg
    HD.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You may want to review our discussion here where I'm very confused -

You may want to review our discussion here where I'm very confused -

lol - doesn't take a lot to confuse me either. I did locate the correct tool, by i.d. ing the model number on the ssd. Thanks for the link, I will read through it. :)

I've encountered my first SSD data recovery job. Lenovo Yoga 730.
Once you get it connected you may need the Bitlocker key. Good chance that drive is encrypted. You'll need access to the user's Microsoft account. That means they'll need to know what email they used, what the password to Microsoft is, etc. Getting all the accomplished is often harder than the actual repairs.

Once you get it connected you may need the Bitlocker key. Good chance that drive is encrypted. You'll need access to the user's Microsoft account. That means they'll need to know what email they used, what the password to Microsoft is, etc. Getting all the accomplished is often harder than the actual repairs.
I did read that on another site. They sure don't make it easy do they, lol. I mean, how many users actually remember their account details/passwords...

We have a couple kicking around...
We have an Acasis duplicator...similar to the picture abovce...but a dual port model...we use it for cloning/duplicating NVMe drives....like I have a project this month where I purchased almost 20 laptops...the model and price was great from our Lenovo distie, but they only came with 256 gig drives, so I purchased a bunch of Crucial 512's. We unbuckled one, got all the updates on (OS and Lenovo Vantage drivers), powered down, cloned to a 512. Booted up...expanded the partition...rebooted...sysprepped...powered down..and we're using the Acasis to image that across 15x 512 drives to swap out on the rest of the laptops.

We also have an Orico brand one...works well.....for reading a single drive quick.

Back