iMAC-can't get Mountain Lion to install-SOLVED

Try adjusting your date... it may actually be hitting the Apple Certificate Revocation issue we always have:

1. In the OS X Installer, choose Utilities > Terminal.
2. Enter "date 0201010116" and press Return.
3. Quit Terminal and continue the install.

Feeling good again this morning after racking my brain yesterday about this one. After receiving the 10.6.3.iso file from 'Krynn72' (many thanks!) and loading it on my IODD, I tried another install which again failed at the same point meaning that my Retail 10.6.3 disk is good. So, I dug out some RAM chips from and old iMac I have here...really just to see if using just 1 stick would work instead of the 2 installed and BAM!...installed without issue.

I had run Apple diags on another iMac I keep for testing purposes with nothing found and intended to test both RAM chips more thoroughly on a PC after trying the single chip so at this point, I went back and added one stick of the original RAM to see if it was 1 or both modules causing the issue. It ended up just one of the modules.

So, another bunch of experienced gleaned from these crazy 'Mac' devices. It seems you can never get enough of it!

Many thanks to all that threw out suggestions and 'props' to Krynn72' for the .iso file. You guys are what make this forum valuable.

That reminds me. Seems like I recall a similar problem with install and RAM before, it might have been 3rd party RAM. Machine would run fine but you couldn't complete an install. Putting Apple OEM chips in resolved.

Back