[SOLVED] How to Get All Google Contacts to Show in Outlook?

Many users don't really have anything in the address book / contact lists. What they have is remembered / autofill contacts. And those go away when you re-do a system.

Not disagreeing with you, but you can't fix stupid. And at this stage of the game, we're many decades in to email clients, if users don't understand the difference between their Contacts, essentially the electronic equivalent of their rolodex, and remembered/autofill contacts dredged up by the software, we're doomed anyway.

And another example of where convenience (remembered/autofill, but not in Contacts) is directly responsible for creating bad behavior and ignorance.

I guess I have less tolerance for all of this because of my work with blind and visually impaired clients. They don't have the luxury of "not knowing" nearly to the extent that your average user does. It makes navigating the cyber world more difficult if they don't have "a place for everything and everything in its place" like almost all do for things in the real world. It's essential for ease of access, literally.

But, I hasten to add, that client base has its share of, "What are you thinking?!!," sorts of regular patterns that I don't encounter nearly so much outside those communities.

There's nowhere that doesn't have "way less than best to abjectly horrible" practices. It's a matter of what they are, where.

Back