GUIDE: How to Test and Use an LCD's LED backlights

If through your negligence, in the testing or attempted repair of the screen, you broke it.

The way I see it, is one of two ways.
You find out the actual fault. Invoice the client for the agreed amount, of the repair. You pay the remainder.

Or, you foot the entire amount of the repair.

I don't see why the client should have to,pay to fix your error.

When you did your 'diag', did you do it with the battery and charger plugged in.. As you may have created a short on the motherboard. Which could mean a replacement mobo.
Which again, isn't the clients responsibility to pay for.
Yes I know that.. I didn't charge my client for such mobo repair or replace.. I charged him for LCD repair not for replacement even though i change it a brandnew one..

my concern is can I fix this broken motherboard? I'm a good person and I faced my fault ,i'm not working for only the money,

i worked also to help my fellow ..

OT: The owner of this laptop is son of my God mother. so i don't want to him to angry with me.

all I need now is a help from you to fix my problem..

Thank you for your concern.. I feel your professionalism.

If you can find the schematics for the motherboard, you 'may' be able to trace the fault on the board. This would also depend on your diagnostic skills of electronics, if you have a digital voltage meter, soldering skills.. The list is endless.

However, you haven't mentioned the make and model,of the laptop in question.

It may be a lot quicker (not to mention easier) just to replace the board.

Agreed. Better to replace the motherboard. You may be lucky it's just a single surface mount component like a fuse. But replacing those requires the proper soldering equipment.

I once burned out a motherboard. One of the antenna cable ends just happened to touch somewhere on the motherboard which I had it live, as I was hooking up the screen assembly. I replaced the CPU and I was lucky, it turned on back again! Not my best story but useful for making sure to do things correctly and always hook up first, then test, not cutting corners. The laptop in I was working was a Toshiba L305D, one that I will never forget. No fuses were blown either. This happened about four years ago when I was starting my business.

If you can find the schematics for the motherboard, you 'may' be able to trace the fault on the board. This would also depend on your diagnostic skills of electronics, if you have a digital voltage meter, soldering skills.. The list is endless.

However, you haven't mentioned the make and model,of the laptop in question.

It may be a lot quicker (not to mention easier) just to replace the board.

Yes i have schematic diagram.. it is Acer E1-571 with motherboard LA-7912P.

i skilled in soldering, and i have hot air soldering station that can replace a small components.

but honestly i'm not skilled in diagnisis of some electronic components.

The big problem is no more motherboard available in my country.

Have you tried another country for the board in question?

I'll have a look around my suppliers here shortly,mans let you know.

I'm sure you have found out by searching that aliexpress.com has them. But you need to make sure you have the same revision. Same goes with the motherboard diagrams.

Things like this drive me nuts. Certain manufacturers could care less about repair and maintenance. All they care about is selling product.

Back