gSyncit - Google Calendar Sync forced upgrade announcement

JustInspired

Reaction score
I know a few people round here use gSyncit.

I have had reports of 403 Errors with existing working gSyncit and Outlook combos from clients. Just sorted out one tonight. Had to upgrade to the newest version and pay $9.99 for it.

Here is the explanation:

*IMPORTANT* - PLEASE READ - "(403) FORBIDDEN ERROR"

ON NOVEMBER 17TH, 2014 GOOGLE WILL STOP SUPPORTING THE GOOGLE CALENDAR SERVICE USED BY GSYNCIT V1, V2 AND V3. THIS WAS AN UNEXPECTED ACCOUNCEMENT BY GOOGLE AND BEYOND OUR CONTROL. ALL OTHER SYNC FUNCTIONALITY WILL WORK WITHIN THESE RELEASES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE CALENDAR SYNC WITH GOOGLE.

GSYNCIT V4 USES GOOGLE'S NEW API PLATFORM (IN ADDITION TO MANY OTHER IMPROVEMENTS) AND SUPPORTS GOOGLE CALENDAR SYNCING NOW AND AFTER NOVEMBER 17TH. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD GSYNCIT V4

IF YOU PURCHASED A PRODUCT KEY PRIOR TO 2014 YOU CAN UPGRADE TO V4 FOR ONLY $9.99 PER COMPUTER. IF YOU PURCHASED A LICENSE IN 2014 YOU CAN UPGRADE TO V4 BY INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE AND REGISTERING IT WITH YOUR CURRENT PRODUCT KEY.

GSYNCIT V4 INCLUDES A MAJOR REWRITE OF ALL GOOGLE SYNC WORKFLOWS REPRESENTING A MAJOR REARCHITECUTRE OF THE GOOGLE SYNC PROCESS REQUIRING MANY MONTHS OF DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING.

Still well worth the upgrade IMHO.

Another example of the problems that can be caused using third party programs to access major services.

Nothing wrong with using them, but you have to rely on them to keep current and you have to keep track of them yourselves. Sometimes they get bought or just go out of business.

Over the last 18 months I have been fighting changes in interoperability between Apple, Microsoft, and Google. They all used to make it a point to work together, but now they are all grabbing for marketshare and trying to lock users into only using their own systems.

Many of their "Upgrades" have broken things that used to work, or killed the benefit of some of these smaller programs.

I just switched some users to gsyncit to fix a calendar sharing issue that Google broke on iPads. I am using V4 so, at least I am safe for now.

Last edited:
Back