Send address from Google calendar appointment to Garmin?

HCHTech

Reaction score
Is anyone successfully doing this? I have a Garmin Nuvi 2757 (I think that's it) and we use Google calendar on android phones (I have a Galaxy S8+) for all of our appointments. I'm looking for a way to easily send the address from the calendar appointment to my Garmin to avoid hand-entering if possible.

There is a Garmin connect app, but it doesn't interface with the calendar, so by the time I look up the contact, confirm the bluetooth connection and push the address, it is faster to hand enter it in the GPS.

Alternatively, is there a different GPS that might offer this feature?

I beta tested a GPS called the "Dash" several years ago where you could push destinations to the GPS over the web - it was great, I set my customer database to create a text file of all of the addresses I was going to for the day, then I had a batch file to push that text file to their web interface. When I got into the car for the day, all of the addresses were there waiting for me. Unfortunately, I guess they lost their funding or something as that product never made it to market.

And no, I don't want to use my phone as a GPS. The screen isn't big enough, it's a battery drain and an incoming phone call will unavoidably switch away from the map display right before your most important turn. I prefer a dedicated GPS.

We have a mobile client for our PSA system. We click on the address for the service call and it launches Google Maps with the location and we navigate to it. Pretty seamless.

Thanks, but that doesn't really help - I'm trying to use a standalone GPS unit for the reasons already delineated. I can keep typing in the addresses, just hoping there might have been a better way.

If you like the bigger screen why not get a small tablet? You can tether it to your phone to get internet access or add it to your data plan. Still a one click, bigger screen, and always updated maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back