Gmail big chunk of messages missing

Ok, read this again and now I'm assuming Outlook is missing gmail email.

So many things, first I'd ask her if she tried to fix this herself, or a family member or yet another tech before you. If so, then stop what you're doing and go into backup mode. I see this all the time in my field, people have mucked with the Outlook bad before calling me and the data is there usually somewhere else, wherever the other person lost it. IMAP for Outlook can break and email will be in Outlook that's not on the server and vice versa. POP emails can be in another computer or another profile with a PST.

Too many variables here. If you're stuck this week, I'm happy to help you at no charge to see what I can find.

now I'm assuming Outlook is missing gmail email
Incorrect, they are accessing their email through Chrome.
If it were through Outlook there would be some hope of repairing or extracting from local cache.
Don't know what repairs would be available on webmail access 🤔

they are accessing their email through Chrome.
Even on their phones? For most users it's much more likely that they'd be using the Mail or Gmail app, in which case there's a tiny chance that one of them might be (mis)configured to use POP3 instead of IMAP. It's a slender straw but given everything else you've told us it's the last one you have.

Even on their phones
That I'm not quite sure as I was focusing more on the problem on the computer.
And I think you're right about the mail app on the phone.
I cannot rule out POP3 configuration on the phones but still odd how a chunk would be missing for specific period as in this case. POP would delete messages older x days than not from xx to yy only?

Back