GeekU(niversity) - Online Malware Removal School

Methical

Reaction score
I stumbled across this just before, and I've read there intro and everything like that. Sounds interesting enough ..

Anyone have any inside on this ? Any of you done it ?

Geek University (or GeekU) is a training course that teaches the techniques and tools of malware removal. Graduates will be able to completely remove most infections without assistance. The training is geared toward removal in an online environment. Other methods likely work better if you're in front of the infected system. Students that complete training are expected to "pay it forward" by assisting in the forums, where they can continue to keep abreast of evolving malware and removal techniques. All training is free.

Through the course of GeekU, you will be working with about a dozen different experts (teachers). They donate their time and expertise to train future malware fighters. The teachers here offer guidance and answer questions, but most of GeekU is self-directed, self-motivated learning. Malware removal involves a lot of research, and so does the training. There is a lot of study material available. You'll also get help from other students, and staff members.

About GeekU

Don't know this one, but other similar sites, eg MajorGeeks also offer training in exchange for later help.

I think the 'online' bit refers to being a forum advisor as opposed to remote management.

Sounds the same as Malware University. Quite a lot of it is how to help online - canned speeches and instructions etc. A lot of them don't want, and refuse to take on, professionals who will benefit from it, they want people to help online.

Sounds like a waste of time to me. I can't imagine that anyone would care about "Geek University" or their certificate (if any). It looks like to me that is just a simple forum (like this) with PM'd questions or maybe a custom PHP script that tracks your input...I can probably do the same in 2 days and call it "JMRU" Joe's Malware Removal University.

What about Moe? lol..

Hmm- how about MoeJoe's Malware Removal University? Although the acronym reminds people of Michael Jackson (R.I.P...Chmona) Also- I would brand Moe on everything....I am just his official spokesperson being as how he has no mouth. If he did though he wouldn't want to be a part of this.

Back