Gaming vid card reco

Skyhooker

Reaction score
Hey, gang,

I have a client who'd like to upgrade his vid card to be able to play Call of Duty - Modern Warfare without getting killed to to rotten framerate. Could any of you gamers out there recommend a good card for someone on a budget? Here's his current rig: HP Pavilion a6567c

I'd prefer an Nvidia-based card, and he'd like a GB of vid memory if affordable.

Thanks!

Sky

I honestly don't know offhand, I do not follow hardware that much anymore. But I wanted to point out that you will probably want to upgrade the power supply. The ones in OEM systems aren't made to run much more than what is in it.

Ya, that's the first thing I thought of. I was looking at low-power-consumption cards, but that's a relative term, and they still suck some wattage. I made a recommendation of a bigger PSU as well.

Thanks,

Sky

NVidia G Froce is not bad at all. But like the poster above said it comes down to how much is your budget. You can go 8GB graphics if you wanted to!

You also want to check clearance around your pci express slot. I've seen HP's and Gateways that had a heatsink sitting in the vicinity that prevented the card from seating properly in the slot.

I have an nvidia gforce 250 from MSI.. Nice card, but can overheat so you need to have the case cooled.. lol... The MSI cards a nice program that allows you to overclock or underclock the card.

Back