FB advertising that's working

Techtree

Reaction score
I would like to share with you some Facebook advertising that is working well for me. This comes after about a dozen failed campaigns that never really stuck.

Background
A client brought me a laptop that fell off a bunk bed. The main problem was that both hinges were broken. The hinges had nothing to hold onto so whenever you tried to open the display lid it would crack and pop the case off. Internally, the small board for the power button was falling apart and needed to be re-assembled as well. There were some other minor issues but that was basically it. Anyway, I fixed it by drilling and fastening a screw through the hinge into the bottom of the case with a rounded nut, kind of like this. I got everything snapped back into place and the laptop looked great.

I was actually quite proud of my work so I took a picture of the results. The client had supplied a couple "before" pictures when I was initially assessing the damage. I decided to stitch the two pictures together and post it on FB. It got a little bit of positive feedback organically so I decided to "boost" the post and pay for people to see it. Well the results have been great.

Ad here

Stats
Overview
Created: 25/05/2016
Ended: no end date yet
Spent: $90.59

Delivery
Reach: 12,065
Advert Impressions: 16,712
Avg. CPM: $5.43
Avg. CPC: $0.11

Performance
Post Engagements: 459
Cost per Engagement: $0.20
Clicks: 799
CTR: 4.781%

Specific Post Stats
Photo Clicks: 392
Page Likes: 16
Post Likes: 34
Comments: 26
Shares: 7

People
Men: 75.5%
Women: 24.5%

Overall this post has averaged one job per day for less than $100 since May 25th.

Needless to say, I've gotten huge results with a tiny budget. With the performance of this ad I really should increase my budget but that is something I need to think about further as the amount of work has been steady already (I do this part-time)

What did I learn? Well I don't have a lot of experience with advertising but after several failed campaigns I think the main takeaway here is that this was a post that showed results (as in repair work) with an eye catching picture. I'm thinking of doing some other similar posts. The first thing that comes to mind is maybe a video showing a side by side of the same computer booting up into Windows before and after our TuneUp.

I hope this post helps you. I know when it comes to advertising I'm lost most of the time.

If anyone has had positive results of Facebook I encourage you to share and post what has worked for you. I would also be interested in ideas for similar types of Ads I could use and so could other community members.

Edit:
And yes, the table was repaired too! lol... but actually that's the clients table and my kitchen table.
Oh, and I should also add that this post got me 1 job that was similar to the post but most people call ask say, "hey can you fix slow computers?", "can you help me get my photos?" etc...

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing boost post and I might try it now. It might get us a few more jobs. Thanks for sharing.

Nathan Damboise

Last edited by a moderator:
We've found FB to be an effective way to reach the local area and raise business awareness. We frequently post and boost posts that perform well organically. This has been the most measurable advertising that we've ever done. While it doesn't necessarily create immediate results in the form of walk-in traffic, it certainly keeps our business at the top of people's minds when they do have a need down the road. FB has some really slick options for targeting your audience too. Works very well if you target your posts to a specific demographic based on the content of that particular post.

FB local advertising works well for my new biz. I posted 5 stock images from FB (broken LCD, broken printer, gaming etc) with introduction of our biz and services offered.

Yeah, facebook has some good results, especially if the post has done well organically. I'd gradually increase the amount for the campaign and see if it helps. May have already found its sweet spot, but a 5 or 10 percent increase wouldn't hurt.

Seems hard to get a computer repair Facebook page to take off. Great idea, so simple.

Back