Blank lines in the Grub menu

Morrison5891

Reaction score
Is it possible to have blank lines in grub4dos? Like the example below ....

Linux
Windows

Ultimate BootCD
AVG Rescue CD
Hiren's Boot CD
Memtest

Active Boot Disk
AOSS

I don't know much but about grub but could you put a dummy entry in your menu?

In my syslinux menu I have the following and that gives me a space in between my entries.
Code:
LABEL blank
MENU label

well... with about 3 hours of more research i've come up with this... in the menu config file you need to add this:

#this is for a space
title
kernal
initrd

So the menu config should look like this...

title Hiren's Boot CD
find --set-root /Hirens.iso
map /Hirens.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

#this is for a space
title
kernal
initrd

title AVG Rescue CD
find --set-root /avgrescuecd.iso
map /avgrescuecd.iso (hd32)
map --hook
root (hd32)
chainloader (hd32)

Thanks for the reply... and hope this helps other people using a multiboot usb stick

yep grup can boot iso files, take a look at pendrivelinux.com

Excellent, I'm glad I did, because PenDriveLinux also supports utility ISO's like UltimateBootCD and AVG/Kasperski/Avira !
From their website, I got the impression that PendriveLinux only supported operating system ISO's.

PendriveLinux is VERY easy to use and convenient.

I'll also be using SARDU (Shardana Antivirus Rescue Disk Utility): this one supports even more ISO's, but requires a little bit more work: i.e. you have to download the ISO's yourself... after SARDU launches your webbrowser and puts it on the download page :rolleyes:

I'm so glad I didn't get round to this since 2006, things are a lot easier now :D

yep use it very day on my USB, have load of tools on it, so are more work if you want to organise the drive but if you keep them all in the root it should be fine

I don't think you can enter blank lines into GRUB the cfg/lst I remember GRUB having trouble with blank titles years ago. The closet you will get is making an entry linked to dummy files, and for title make it an * or -. Dont think its worth that much trouble though.

I don't think you can enter blank lines into GRUB the cfg/lst I remember GRUB having trouble with blank titles years ago. The closet you will get is making an entry linked to dummy files, and for title make it an * or -. Dont think its worth that much trouble though.

You can enter blank lines... read my last post

Back