[SOLVED] Best Soldering Instructions Video?

Appletax

Reaction score
I've been working on computers since 2009 and have never soldered anything (my college doesn't even teach how to do it anymore). I've only lost a single job because of this (laptop needed new DC jack) so it's not been a huge issue to not have the skill. However, I really want to learn how to do it and practice it.

So, what's the best video you know of that teaches how to solder?

The videos will seem at times repetitious, lots of cleaning and making sure everything is wiped, but they are great for learning. I still have them from more than two years ago and well worth keeping for brushing up soldering skills. Get the best flux, proper solder type and gauge and lots of wipes. You will be cleaning and preparing work surfaces a lot, but in the end the result will always be excellent.

The videos will seem at times repetitious, lots of cleaning and making sure everything is wiped, but they are great for learning. I still have them from more than two years ago and well worth keeping for brushing up soldering skills. Get the best flux, proper solder type and gauge and lots of wipes. You will be cleaning and preparing work surfaces a lot, but in the end the result will always be excellent.
Good equipment as well. I always recommend a Madell QK936A Soldering Station since they are really great quality and really cheap. There are a ton of tip options and I have done production soldering with these without issue. They heat up quickly and are adjustable. Don't try to solder with dad's old weller soldering gun. You will be disappointed. Again, don't try to do lead free. It is much less forgiving. Kester 44 Rosin Core Solder 60/40 .031 dia and some kester 951 flux are my go to materials when soldering.

Last edited:
Back