Asus Vivobook S 16 Flip - kboard backlit

Brand new laptop I'm setting up for this customer.
One of the requests is to turn on the backlit keyboard.
I've tried all the options at: asus.com/support/faq/1014790/ - none worked.
The specs of the laptop indicate that it has backlit keyboard 🤔 - https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-home/vivobook/asus-vivobook-s-16-flip-oled-tn3604/techspec/
Is this a case of a faulty kboard?

From the page referenced:
Keyboard & Touchpad
Backlit Chiclet Keyboard, 1.4mm Key-travel, Touchpad
Chiclet Keyboard, 1.4mm Key-travel, Touchpad
Backlit Chiclet Keyboard, 1.4mm Key-travel, Precision touchpad

Look at the middle of those three keyboard options - not backlit.

I don't have one of these sitting around, but on most devices with backlit keyboards one of the function keys tends to either turn backlighting on/off or control levels of backlighting if there are several, along with "Off."

On my own LG machine it happens to be F8 and the icon looks like a birds-eye view of a single key with light rays radiating from the upper right corner of the key. The User's Guide for this machine shows it as F7 and with a different icon:
1708359961326.png
If that's not on the F7 key you probably have the non-backlit keyboard.

Look at the middle of those three keyboard options - not backlit.
You might be on something.
The customer seems to believe that it should have it, so I assumed that he requested the feature at the time of purchase.
I'll have to ring Asus support to determine whether or not the specific version he got has it.
The process of identification on their website is poor as it does not go through the serial number like most other manufacturers.
Thx

If that's not on the F7 key you probably have the non-backlit keyboard
Spot on, checked with support and they confirmed that no kboard icon on the F7 means no backlit.
Customer said he just picked one off the shelf assuming they all have it as the old one he was replacing had it.¯\(°_o)/¯

Back