App Bloatware Removal in W10 & W11

But Rumsfeld? I'll give him the stopped clock being right twice a day treatment on that specific statement but after all the blood on his hands? The willful stupidity? He's very much a victim of the unknown known, much of his own making.

About which we're in vehement agreement.

But I stick by my point that when ideas are presented they are judged on their own merits, not the merits of the individual who is most widely known to have originated them (which, of course, doesn't mean that they actually originated them, either, just that theirs is the most widely cited instance).

It's literally my job to address unknown unknowns.

It is literally absolutely logically impossible to do so. You can speculate all you like, and it may be incredibly educated speculation, but that's in the arena of "known unknowns."

You quite literally cannot address that which you have no idea even exists or could exist, which is what defines an "unknown unknown." No one can address unknown unknowns.

"However, some IoT customers may prefer a more security-focused balance for their Windows IoT devices, one that reduces their attack surface to the absolute minimum, and may therefore wish to fully disable all services that are not needed in their specific environments."

I know it's for W10 & W11 IoT, but same principles apply to Home / Pro, if you see fit.
( https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/iot-enterprise/optimize-your-device/services )
Wow, thanks for this. I've been using Black Viper's service configuration lists for many years, on my own and clients systems, when services are not used or not needed.
Nice to have an "official list" from Microsoft.

I disable anywhere from 10 to 20 ish services on mine and client PC's.

I use NTLite to build OS's for my own systems with a lot of the crap stripped out.
It's amazing how fast Windows can be when not bogged down with garbage.

It is literally absolutely logically impossible to do so. You can speculate all you like, and it may be incredibly educated speculation, but that's in the arena of "known unknowns."

You quite literally cannot address that which you have no idea even exists or could exist, which is what defines an "unknown unknown." No one can address unknown unknowns.
Sounds like defeatism to me.

Back