I want to share with you guys the AutoIT script that I use on new Windows XP installs. The script will do the following:
- Disables Windows Tour on Fresh Install
- Shows the My Computer, My Documents and IE icons on the desktop
- Sets Google as the default search engine in IE
- Sets Google as Homepage in IE
- Disables Automatic Restart on Blue Screen of Death
- Disables Messenger Service (Often used for spam. not MSN Messenger)
- Turns on Automatic Updates to Download and Install
- Installs Firefox (works on 18.104.22.168)
- Installs AVG Free 8 without its SafeSearch/Surf features and updates it
- Installs Foxit PDF Reader (works on 2.3)
To use AutoIT scripts, you need to have AutoIT installed which you can download here. I have placed some placeholder EXE files in the Installers directory that you will need to replace with the actual installer from their respective websites.
Thank you to focuz. Much of my script is based off his examples.