Zoom Volume Low

JoelM

Reaction score
My mom has 3 amazon fire tablets. All of different sizes. On everyone of them the volume in a zoom meeting is so low you can barely hear & on one it's impossible to hear. We can play videos with no issue at all.
I tried plugging in an external speaker & even headphones and have the same issue. I connected an external bluetooth speaker and it works great. In fact we had to turn the volume down.
It is only zoom volume that is affected and only fixed using a bluetooth speaker. I use zoom a lot myself so am familiar with the settings but this makes no sense to me.

Any ideas?

Many meeting apps have internal volume controls in the options though I haven't used them on tablet or phone devices really so I can't say for certain if they bring those settings options to those platforms.

I have almost the same issue when I had My Fire HD 10 tablet. If music was being played by the host or shared videos, it would become warbly and fade in and out. When I used a Bluetooth audio device, it suddenly was fine.

Amazon tablets are junk. They are mostly cheap MTK devices wrapped up with a custom OS. Amazon only cares if Amazon stuff works. A cheap used iPad or other decent tablet device would be better.

Back