iPhone 13 Call Volume

George Hurley

Reaction score
A customer just got an iPhone 13 Pro Max. She loves it, EXCEPT: the sound volume on incoming calls is so low that it's almost impossible to hear. On calls that she makes, the sound volume is fine. We tried using the volume buttons on the left, and have checked every setting we could think of, but nothing works. She just finished her fourth telephone session with Apple support, with no luck. She has an appointment at an Apple store, but not for another week.

Has anyone had this issue? Better yet, has anyone solved it?

Just curious, but does the problem persist if the call is switched to speakerphone mode?

I realize this isn't a fix, but it can give some useful information.

It would also be interesting to know if it persists when using either a wired earbud/microphone set (if such exists and could be used on this model) or over Bluetooth.

I want to thank everyone who responded to this iPhone 13 problem. I worked with the customer and tried everything (a bit difficult because the customer is about 3000 miles away). I even tried calling her from a VOIP phone, since someone said that they had low call volume, but only from callers on a VOIP system. This morning, miraculously, the day before her Apple Genius Bar appointment, the problems disappear - her sound volume is now OK for both incoming and outgoing calls. She'll keep the appointment and have an Apple Genius check out the phone thoroughly.

Back