Website feedback

1. lose the image selection crawl on the home page, it serves no purpose and takes up space.

2. Computer Services page . I read "computer services" three times before any information. It is redundant and superfluous.

Computer Services

Computer Services

HOLLAND PARK COMPUTER SERVICES FOR HOME:

Change it to "For the Home" and the same with "HOLLAND PARK COMPUTER SERVICES FOR BUSINESS: " change to "For Business"
3. "Our London based tune-up service removes rubbish..." do I have to take my computer to London?

4. Use a more active voice for the descriptive paragraphs.

"Holland Park Computers will remove programs you no longer need making your computer faster and more reliable. More disk space will become available and boot up time can improve. Holland Park Computers will ensure any unwanted programs are removed carefully."

"We speed up your computer and make it more reliable and flexible by carefully removing unnecessary programs. Faster start up and more room for your photos and documents"

Hope I am not to harsh. We all get attached to what we write and it is tough to take objective criticism.

Thanks, criticism entirely welcome.
I didn't write it but I'm going to edit it.

Thanks, criticism entirely welcome.
I didn't write it but I'm going to edit it.
That doesn't let you off the hook because the site went live as obviously you approved it right?

Look, everyone that has a website is anxious to see it go live - to get their presence on the world wide webs and internets. <-- yes I spelled it wrong intentionally. :D

The thing is, you need to proof read everything and proof read it again... and again. Also, it helps to have a few other sets of eyes look it before you let it go live. Especially beneficial to have others look at it that have no clue as to what your business is or how its operated. You know, have them look it from a customer perspective.

Reactions: GTP
Back