Teamviewer will soon require mandatory accounts

And there are plenty of those, a number of which work spectacularly well.
Can you please advise which. I require remote UNATTENDED access for up to 500 computers, and it needs to work as well and as easy as Teamviewer does. In the past when I have looked I keep coming back to TV, however if they are going to want everyone to setup a free account I'm leaving them, and I have been with them since V4.0. I haven't begrudged them the price increases as a) They are and business and a business is there to make a profit and b) if they don't get a profit they can't develop or support the software

Reactions: GTP
If you're still on Teamviewer - your about 5 years late on quitting them already.

Rust Desk is essentially a one-to-one Open source clone of TV

I use Splashtop - which is "included at no additional cost" at Syncro.

I also have SimpleHelp, self-hosted, and I think it would do what you want, too...

Not jumping in to defend TeamViewer as a product but I really don't see the issue here? It would take a couple minutes max to register an account and it's still free for personal use.

For business usage nothing changes. Your licence is tied to your account so it has always been a requirement to sign in... if you were using it legitimately.

Not jumping in to defend TeamViewer as a product but I really don't see the issue here? It would take a couple minutes max to register an account and it's still free for personal use.

For business usage nothing changes. Your licence is tied to your account so it has always been a requirement to sign in... if you were using it legitimately.
But isn't this for your clients?
I'm under the impression that when you add a new client it asks for an account to be created, I usually just skip that step.
Of course I have a TV account for myself.

Pretty sure this is the issue:
View attachment 14376

If you needed another reason to quit, here it is (as a paid person!)
Someone on his Twitter comments mentioned "Parsec." Their pricing is similar to TV.
Never heard of it tbh.
I think I'll just not renew TV. I dont use it enough now to justify the cost.
If I need to remote I'll use a free option.

Rust Desk is essentially a one-to-one Open source clone of TV

Which so happens to be my current favorite. Others have been discussed here, too, including UltraViewer, which seemed to be well liked. A search on UltraViewer turns up many topics from the last couple of years where people were asking for replacements for Teamviewer, Anydesk, and others.

This is something that's been discussed, repeatedly, regardless of what it is that one is seeking to replace.

Hmmm. SimpleHelp is anything but "simple."

So Splashtop might be better, but it's more expensive than Teamviewer and doesnt have all the features of Teamviewer.

But isn't this for your clients?
I'm under the impression that when you add a new client it asks for an account to be created, I usually just skip that step.
Of course I have a TV account for myself.

It’s only required for outgoing connections so shouldn’t be needed on the client end.

Reactions: GTP
Why is it so complicated to setup?
Definitely not a TV replacement in that regard.
I just installed it on my PC then on my Mac and remote controlled my PC from the Mac. Very easy.

Are you saying it's hard for end users to get it going so you can connect to them?

Why is it so complicated to setup?
The only thing I found problematic with RustDesk's set-up is when you try to create a custom password while connected remotely. The program obfuscates the screen so you can't do it using the program itself. I just install UltraViewer while using RustDesk in ad hoc mode to enter the RustDesk custom password. A nuisance but given the features and zero cost of RustDesk, not a big deal.

If I am in front of the customer's PC, I set up RustDesk then and the screen is not obfuscated, so no problem at all.

The program obfuscates the screen so you can't do it using the program itself.

Is this a step where UAC comes into the picture?

I've noticed with any remote software, including Quick Assist, if a UAC prompt comes up everything gets obfuscated until someone on "the far end" gives the OK. It might be possible to get around it by temporarily turning UAC off.

Is this a step where UAC comes into the picture?

I've noticed with any remote software, including Quick Assist, if a UAC prompt comes up everything gets obfuscated until someone on "the far end" gives the OK. It might be possible to get around it by temporarily turning UAC off.
I don't know. I'll have to experiment and report back.

Ya, no, in Rust Desk they have a program-enforced "blanking" of certain areas to keep everyone, including the tech, honest. I don't think there is a way to remove it, IIRC.

At about the 25 minute mark you can see an example of that blanking/lockout of the tech:

Back