Storage Sense

Fred Claus

Reaction score
Does anyone use Storage sense in Windows 11? How does this differ from when I do the following on my computer?
Clear Edge history
Clear Chrome history
Clear Firefox history
Clear Windows Event Logs
Empty Temp folder
Empty all browser Cache
Cleanup the registry
Cleanup Junk files
Unattended disk cleanup
and whichever one empties the recycle bin

Besides the fact that it runs during low disk space, I'm not sure it's any different.

Storage Sense is way more about how long OneDrive will keep files that have been downloaded from the cloud for local use before they return to cloud stored only. That bit about "manage locally available cloud content" should be first in the description list, not last.

Following Microsofts own article,
It will first be a little like CCleaner...getting the usual temp file/recycle bin/etc. It also has the option (which is REALLY cool)...if you choose to turn on this option, to smartly free up space synced via OneDrive. Not only including the OneDrive personal library content, but additional Sharepoint/Teams libraries syncec via OneDrive.

It will first be a little like CCleaner...getting the usual temp file/recycle bin/etc. It also has the option (which is REALLY cool)...if you choose to turn on this option, to smartly free up space synced via OneDrive. Not only including the OneDrive personal library content, but additional Sharepoint/Teams libraries syncec via OneDrive.
I had not noticed that. Thank you!

Back