Splashtop Remote Computer Access

I'm grandfathered-in at $60yr. so I'm not likely to change. It's a good backup tool for Kaseya's Live Connect, or for when I don't want to login to the platform. It's matured a lot and is a solid performer.

I've kicked myself several times for not signing up back when that was the pricing, just to have it available as an emergency backup solution.

I'm using Splashtop SOS to remote into my residential break fix clients. They are typically old and computer illiterate, and I've found it pretty easy to talk them through the installation. The current price of $220/year for unlimited SOS clients and 10 unattended computers (only for my family/friends) seems reasonable to me, and it paid for itself instantly. I don't do any type of MSP, and have avoided remote for years because I get plenty of business without it and didn't want to deal with billing hassles. But in this current environment, I'm trying to switch to remote whenever possible. I tested a bunch of different systems, but Splashtop was the price/performance winner for me.

Does anyone have the issue where you remote into a Mac and when you right click, the menu is blank? I have had this for about 6 months now with splashtop business edition.

Since we're changing RMMs (going from N-Central to SyncroMSP)....and Syncro integrates with SplashTop, we picked up Splashtop Business w/SOS. With the current "work from home" craziness from Covid, we setup a TON of clients on it, and it works great. Excellent multi monitor support, easy to use, Two Factor Auth, good performance,...all good stuff.

I'll add my 2cents for Splashtop. I've currently got 30 clients(Paint store, home, family and some computer repair side work) and it's simple and works. File transfer works. I love the control, ease of creating a deployment package, and deployment is super easy.

I'm currently in the process of switching away from TeamViewer 11 so I've got some of my clients still on TeamViewer and some on Splashtop. I can tell you that Teamviewer is definitely a better solution, but I hate their licensing scheme. Not only is Splashtop like 1/3 the price, but I can install the technician software on an UNLIMITED number of computers so long as I don't use more than the number of seats I've purchased simultaneously. I have 10 computers just in my house and it's nice to be able to just sit down at any of them and control a clients' computer.

I also love the 10 unattended computers they offer for the extra $20/year or whatever. It's great to be able to sit down at any computer and be able to hop onto another without having to physically get up and go to it.

What I don't like is the fact that you have to get the client to manually let you in again if you restart. I also don't understand why the back button on my mouse only works when I'm controlling some remote computers but not others. The picture quality also leaves a lot to be desired on slower connections. TeamViewer is best in class when it comes to crappy connections, hands down.

If controlling Linux computers is important to you, then you might want to consider something else. Their Linux version was really buggy the one time I used it. Maybe it was my machine, I dunno. I don't even average 1 Linux box a year, so it's not really important to me.

If you're looking for an affordable, feature-rich remote support solution then it's hard to beat Splashtop. I just hope they continue to innovate because there's definitely room for improvement.

I'm currently in the process of switching away from TeamViewer 11 so I've got some of my clients still on TeamViewer and some on Splashtop. I can tell you that Teamviewer is definitely a better solution, but I hate their licensing scheme. Not only is Splashtop like 1/3 the price, but I can install the technician software on an UNLIMITED number of computers so long as I don't use more than the number of seats I've purchased simultaneously. I have 10 computers just in my house and it's nice to be able to just sit down at any of them and control a clients' computer.

I also love the 10 unattended computers they offer for the extra $20/year or whatever. It's great to be able to sit down at any computer and be able to hop onto another without having to physically get up and go to it.

What I don't like is the fact that you have to get the client to manually let you in again if you restart. I also don't understand why the back button on my mouse only works when I'm controlling some remote computers but not others. The picture quality also leaves a lot to be desired on slower connections. TeamViewer is best in class when it comes to crappy connections, hands down.

If controlling Linux computers is important to you, then you might want to consider something else. Their Linux version was really buggy the one time I used it. Maybe it was my machine, I dunno. I don't even average 1 Linux box a year, so it's not really important to me.

If you're looking for an affordable, feature-rich remote support solution then it's hard to beat Splashtop. I just hope they continue to innovate because there's definitely room for improvement.
Haven't tried it yet, will test on one of my own computers today, but found this on Splashtop's site. https://support-splashtopbusiness.s...eboot-and-reconnect-to-the-computer-with-SOS-

I don't use the SOS with Splashtop. I use the main functions and as I said above, it has served me well for a few years now.

I'll have to read up on the SOS function. I haven't really needed it thus far. I'm assuming it's where a client can reach out to me?

Back