Snappy Driver Installer

Just FYI, it looks like 2 of us are still seeding the SDI update from that thread, if you need to grab it via torrent.

@glennd
Would it be possible to implement a command line function that would output all device IDs and their matching driver names?
For example:
Running
Code:
SDI_x64_R554.exe -getdrivernames C:\drv.txt
Would write in the file C:\drv.txt:
Code:
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A1&SUBSYS_85C41043&REV_00

The reason behind this is that sometimes you don't want to use SDI for driver install and only want the name to download it from manufacturer's website. System information tools sometimes do not detect the exact make and model of a hardware piece and all that is left is to search on google for the hardware IDs.

What do you think?

@glennd
Would it be possible to implement a command line function that would output all device IDs and their matching driver names?
For example:
Running
Code:
SDI_x64_R554.exe -getdrivernames C:\drv.txt
Would write in the file C:\drv.txt:
Code:
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A1&SUBSYS_85C41043&REV_00

The reason behind this is that sometimes you don't want to use SDI for driver install and only want the name to download it from manufacturer's website. System information tools sometimes do not detect the exact make and model of a hardware piece and all that is left is to search on google for the hardware IDs.

What do you think?
There's an option called -save-installed-id which appears to be what you want but it looks like it's not working. I'll check it out.

There's an option called -save-installed-id which appears to be what you want but it looks like it's not working. I'll check it out.
That turns out to be something else.

I reckon I can do that. The information available is the same as what you see when you hover the mouse over a device in the list, in the "Device" and "Installed Driver" sections.

Yes, the information is available on mouse hover but it cannot be copied to clipboard. And is better to export all of them to q text file rather than implementing a context menu which would only copy one item.

Thanks Glenn!

The new release, version 0.6.0.558, is out today.

The forking process continues and I've taken on board the various comments about distinguishing Origin from the old product. To this end I've updated the web site, the Patreon page and the application itself with some shiny new graphics. I'll continue with this over the next little while.

But most importantly, the file names of the executables and the update url have changed. I've been putting this off but it's time to do it.

Because of this change, updating using the internal updater of previous versions won't work. You should download the latest version of the application from www.snappy-driver-installer.org/downloads . This new version of the application will update correctly with the new update url. Simply plugging in the new url into the older version won't work as it won't find the changed file names. Once we get over this little hurdle we'll be back to normal.

This release also includes the requested "getdevicelist" command line option.

Remember, don't accept Snappy Driver Installer Origin from anywhere but the genuine source at www.snappy-driver-installer.org

@glennd

Just a heads up I had Bing (yeah yeah, i just typed into the IE top bar on a new install) bring up the HTTPS version of the site. (which looks like it doesn't have a trusted cert) I haven't been able to replicate this on any other computer, so maybe it's the Bing team do some isolated testing?

sdi.PNG

Back