Repairshopr / Xero accounts mapping

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Hi,

how do you guys map items you create in RS to "sales accounts" in Xero ?
When I create an item in RS it creates the item in Xero and syncs the price. It does not put in a "Name" for the item in Xero and it does not assign a "Sales account" in Xero. So every item I create in RS I have to log into Xero and change those 2 things.
Now I just found that even though I select the correct "Sales account" in Xero for my item for a lot of products RS overwrites this with the RS default account "Sales" and stuffs up my complete Xero reporting.

RS support not very helpful as well. Guy just told me that you can only set the sales account individually per item in Xero which is what I have done so far. Fact is for "some" items RS overwrites this when sending invoices to Xero as confirmed by our accountant.
I assume it's the same in Syncro as it would use the same engine.

Also do all of you guys really create an item in RS and log into Xero after that to make all the necessary changes that RS can't sync like the sales account and item description ? All seems so time consuming and backwards.

Funny you mention that. I would love to as their support is non existent and Syncro is the same thing just with RMM which I don't need as we use N-Able. Used Connectwise years ago and it was no fun. Looking at HALOPSA and kind of like it but it's the new kid on the block. Don't want to deal with Datto/Autotask.
Have to deal with heaps of recurring invoices every month so that is a big thing it should handle. Looks like HALO also has some 365 integration and call pull license count out of the partner portal and adjust invoices which sounds nice.

Open to suggestions to get away from RS. Can't wait.

tickets, time tracking
inventory
integration with xero
recurring invoices
nice overview which client has what. As if you start a ticket you see if they are bronze,silver,gold have 365 management, voip and so on
being able to customise
support that is actually answering emails (day 4 and still waiting for a reply from RS after I replied to their last general useless email within 15 minutes of receiving)

Halopsa seems to be overrun at the moment and it looks like they have a min 15 users to slow down the uptake and deal with demand.

Back