Outlook - replying to message from notification preview not listed in thread

Rigo

Reaction score
If I reply to a message from the preview windows clicked on from notifications, the reply message is not added to the thread nor does it show in my Sent items list.
Using IMAP Outlook on O365 family.
I have to open the message and reply within Outlook for the reply message to get added to the thread and appear in the Sent Items folder.
Annoying and unproductive.
Couldn't find the option to tweak that one.

Thx for the clarifications, I thought I was doing/had something wrong.
I'll try to refrain from replying from the notifications.
It is very annoying, and only impacts OutlookPRE so you could always go back to Outlook classic? But yeah, workflow destroying to click on the notification, get a half blank email, without the thread and your signatures... only way to fix it is to close the window, pull up OutlookPRE and open the email from there manually.

It really is fascinating to read about how different people actually accomplish the same tasks. It would never, ever occur to me to attempt to respond to an email "direct from notification" regardless of the email client in use. I never even knew you could.

I always handle email either from webmail or within an email client if a notification pops up that needs my immediate attention.

You really do learn something new if not every day, frequently, if you pay attention to what other people are saying about how they approach and/or accomplish certain tasks.

Back