Odd Issue with MS Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

UrbanIT

Reaction score
So I have a bit of an odd issue with a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 5000 (keyboard & mouse) set on a clients new Windows 8.1 Pro install. K&M working fine for weeks then out of the blue it is not working fine at all, I remote in and see the drivers are not installed. I attempt to install the drivers I have just downloaded from Microsofts website and it fails, I try and manually push the driver install through using known working drivers still no luck. I think must be a bad transceiver, I go onsite loan the client a wired K&M - that works perfectly and take the MS K&M back to the office for testing. Back at the office tested it on 3 computers and all working fine. so now I a bit stumped...

At my suppliers picking up parts the other day and notice on their bench they are having similar troubles with an MS K&M on 8.1, so I am starting to think it may be a bit of a common issue.

Has anyone else come across the issue?

Attachments

• 11111.png
    11111.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 4
I had a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse do that once. I just replaced it because they were only $20 at the time. The one I replaced it with was the same model and works fine to this day. Only had 1 out of the 10 I bought do that and stop working. Well I say it was bad. It worked on the other computers.

P.S. I did check the batteries. lol

Back